The Office of Research Affairs, located in the Dean’s Office in the School of Medicine, supports the school through:
- Verifying information on grants and contracts for human subjects, lab animals, radiation safety and biosafety protocols.
- Ensuring that information on grants and contracts is completed correctly, and all required documents are included.
- Approving hard copy and electronic grants and contracts and delivering them to the Grants and Contracts Office.
- Logging, scanning, and approving Facilities and Administrative (F&A) Waivers.
- Emailing daily announcements seeking volunteers for research subjects.
- Sending funding opportunities announcements to the faculty via email and keeping the Funding Calendar updated with such opportunities.