How to apply to Research Track
1. In 2022 we have the following Departments/Institutes that provide funding for student slots in the Research Track. We are only accepting applications for projects that fall within these Departments/Institutes and for projects with approved mentors (see #2 below).
The departments currently available for funding include:
- Cancer Center
- Child Psychiatry
- Fort Collins Branch
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pediatric Urology Research Enterprise
- Gates Center for Regenerative Medicine
2. Identify potential mentors from the list
of Approved Mentor Names. You must work with one of the mentors on the approved
list. If your potential mentor is not on the department's list, then the
mentor would need to obtain approval from the department chair to participate
in the Research Track and be put on the approved list.
3. Download a copy of the Research Track Application.
4. Meet with potential mentors to discuss possible projects. Come to a
mutual decision with a mentor to apply and then work with that mentor to
complete the application.
5. Submit application materials electronically (by emailing email@example.com). The deadline for submitting applications is 11:59 on October 3, 2022. Required materials to submit include:
- A completed application form
- Both a student and mentor's CV or NIH-format biosketch (please make sure the mentor highlights, or otherwise designates, past or current mentees on the list of publications in the mentor’s CV).
- A separate email from the mentor confirming their willingness to serve as the student’s mentor. The mentor should include that he/she is aware that a core requirement of the Research Track is that the student will submit a first authored publication to a peer reviewed journal by February 1st of their fourth year.
- Student project preference sheet (if applicable)
Applications will be reviewed by the Research Track Steering Committee and
results announced by November.
Here is the link to the rubric that the selection committee uses to evaluate
applications: Research Track Application Rubric.
If you have questions about this process, please email Zachary Lundquist
Funding for the Research Track comes from a variety of sources, each of which
has separate requirements. As such, the number of applications funded may vary