International Travel for Current GHT Students
To receive academic credit for International Travel, CUSOM students will need to complete the following 4 steps
STEP 1: Course Enrollment in Oasis
- Log into Oasis and enroll in the appropriate elective. Please Note: Only Global Health Track students are allowed to do research abroad for credit. All other students may travel abroad for language immersion or clinical experience.
- EMED 6630: Emergency Medicine in South Africa
- Students enrolling in EMED 6630 must also enroll in the IDPT 6090 Mentored Scholarship II course to receive financial aid.
- IDPT 6090: Mentored Scholarly II
- Phase II Students in the GHT (whether working on a MSA Project domestically or international), who are not taking the South Africa elective, should ONLY enroll in IDPT 6090.
- IDPT 8015: Global Health International Project
- Students will undertake a global health project at an international site under the supervision of their designated mentor and local supervisors.
- IDPT 8021: Costa Rice Spanish Immersion
- This capstone Spanish immersion course in Costa Rica includes home stays, intensive language instruction and public health and community outreach activities in under-served communities. Student should be passionate
about providing care to disadvantaged patients in the USA or abroad and committed to improving their Spanish language skill.
- IDPT 8035: International Experiences
- This course allows fourth year students to complete an international experience at an approved and vetted international site. The experience may include clinical work, language immersion, or a combination of both.
- Please Note: Only Global Health Track students are allowed to do research abroad for credit. All other students may travel abroad for language immersion or clinical experience.
STEP 2: International Course Approval Form (DUE 90 DAYS PRIOR TO TRAVEL)
- Complete the International Course Approval Form. Download
the file, save, and edit the document.
- Each student will need to provide supporting documentation about the program he/she will be working with. Details are listed in the form.
- Group Travel: Students who are traveling with fellow students to the same location, documentation must be submitted individually.
- Travel Advisories: See the Travel Advisories and Alerts section below.
- Send completed form to: Madiha.Abdel-Maksoud@CUAnschutz.edu and GlobalHealthTrack@CUAnschutz.edu
90 DAYS PRIOR TO TRAVEL
STEP 3: International Travel Canvas Module and Pre-Departure Quiz
- Once Step 2 is completed, student will obtain access to the International Travel Canvas Module and Pre-Departure Quiz.
- After completion of quiz, student should take a screen shot of their score and upload that image to document completion in Oasis. In addition, send screenshot to: Madiha.Abdel-Maksoud@CUAnschutz.edu and GlobalHealthTrack@CUAnschutz.edu
STEP 4: Office of Global Education (OGE) Application (DUE 60 DAYS PRIOR TO TRAVEL)
- Complete the Office of Global Education (OGE) Application.
- Nicole Herrin, OGE Study Abroad Coordinator, will send the application once steps 1-3 are completed.
- Per university policy, all students pursuing academic opportunities abroad must complete an application with the Office of Global Education. This application will ask for specific information about study site and activities, as well as a series
of questions about the potential risks associated with location/study and how to mitigate these risks. Please take your time with the application and answer all questions thoroughly. It is important that you have consulted
with your on-site contacts and resources including the U.S. State Department travel site prior to submitting the application.
Deadline: DUE 60 DAYS PRIOR TO TRAVEL