A letter from the President, May 2018
At the University of Colorado’s Medical Alumni Association, we are excited about all the activities happening on and off campus. In the spring, we join fourth-year medical students for Residency Match Day and celebrate their recent academic achievements. We also will welcome many of you to campus for different festivities celebrating your reunion.
As the academic year concludes, I want to share a few additional highlights:
• Last August, we celebrated 184 members of the Class of 2021 at the Matriculation & White Coat Ceremony, where they received their white coat and a new stethoscope branded with the Medical Alumni Association logo. These stethoscopes are provided by generous alumni supporters.
• Our Association provided medical students with lunches each quarter to help keep them going during their busy course schedule.
• Through the HOST (Help Our Students Travel) program, alumni welcome fourth-year medical students traveling out-of-state into their homes during their residency interviews. This year we had an increase of students taking advantage of this program.
• The annual Dean’s Circle Dinner, thanking alumni for supporting the School of Medicine, took place last December. We are incredibly fortunate to have your support and pride in our school.
• 21 of our alumni participated as a facilitator working with first or second-year medical students to review cases and practice clinical problem-solving with Problem-Based Learning.
• In January, the Association participated by providing lanyards for interns and residents during the Housestaff Appreciation week to show appreciation for all our residents and interns.
• We continue to help support the student population with the Stethoscope Program and the Medical Alumni Association Scholarship Fund that provides scholarship support to medical students based on merit and financial need.
These are just a few of the many fantastic things we have accomplished. As we look to the future, our mission is to help advance and influence the interest of our beloved alma mater, to support current medical students on their journey to becoming
physicians, and to provide programs and opportunities for alumni to connect with each other and the School of Medicine. We hope that you will become involved to help further advance the work of the School of Medicine. We are recruiting members for
our Board of Directors and if you would like information, or to get involved with the Medical Alumni Association, visit our website or contact the Office of Alumni Relations at: 303-724-2518 or email email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing you at any of our upcoming events. Feel free to contact me with any ideas on alumni engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan Kief, MD | Class of 1982
President, Medical Alumni Association
University of Colorado School of Medicine