The hip preservation program at Children’s Hospital Colorado focuses on understanding and treating hip conditions across childhood and adolescence.
Hip conditions include:
- Developmental dysplasia of the hip
- Slipped capital femoral epiphysis
- Legg-Calve-Perthes disease
- Adolescent onset dysplasia
- Femoroacetabular impingement (FAI)
Current projects examine patient predisposition, long-term effects, and progression of hip problems, and effective interventions to extend the preservation of hip function and cartilage.