Traumatlogist, FAQs

Frequently Asked Questions

Every patient has a unique story, and every injury is different. Still, there are a few common themes in the questions we get from our patients. Here are the answers to a few of them.

What is a traumatologist?

A traumatologist is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the treatment of both simple and complex fractures, as well as wounds and injuries caused by accidents or sudden violence. So whether you roll your ankle on your commute or get in a car accident, we're the ones who can help.

What are your most common procedures?

Our clinical services generally fall into a few categories: simple fractures, fracture nonunions, infected nonunions, deformities, complex fractures, bone infections, periprosthetic fractures, and limb lengthening.

I have swelling around my wound/injury. What should I do?

Call our office at 720-848-1900 to speak with one of our nurses. They can advise you on the best course of action.


When can I drive again or return to work?

You'll need to discuss your progress with the trauma team, but we promise we'll strive to get you back to your normal life as soon as possible.