This fellowship focuses on the operative and non-operative care of athletic disorders. Educational emphasis is placed on both open and arthroscopic surgical techniques, as well as post operative rehabilitation.
Opportunities exist for both basic science and clinical research. As part of this process the fellow will develop writing skills, hypothesis generation, statistical analysis of data and interpretation of results with the intention for publication submission.
Care of sports teams is a part of the fellowship and will include local high schools, the Denver Broncos Football Club, and the Colorado Rockies Baseball Team.
The sports medicine curriculum is based on the AOSSM curriculum for sports medicine fellows. In addition to the regular clinic and operating experience, the fellows attend lectures, grand rounds, journal clubs, labs, along with other opportunities to advance their knowledge of sports related conditions.
- The stipend is commensurate with a University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine PGY-6 salary
- The fellow is provided malpractice insurance, medical insurance (for self and dependents) and 21 days of vacation
- The fellow is sponsored at two continuing education/academic courses
- The fellow is sponsored to take the AOSSM fellowship or CAQ exam
- Applicants must have completed an accredited residency program in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Applicants must be licensed to practice in the State of Colorado and have a current DEA license
- Fellows in our program must be a U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to allow Resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver School of Medicine.