UCHealth is a growing health system that includes the nationally ranked University of Colorado Hospital and a number of primary care and specialty care clinics.
- 6 residents per year (6-6-6).
- Residents complete a one-month rural rotation at one of ten sites in rural Colorado, sponsored by the Colorado Association of Family Medicine Residencies.
Continuity clinic: A.F. Williams Family Medicine Center
- Recognized for being innovative:
- Second residency practice in the nation recognized as an NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home.
- 2014 PCMH Practice of the Year awarded by the Colorado Academy of Family Physicians.
- 2016 STFM Innovative Practice Award, given to the top residency practice in the nation leading practice transformation.
- Adopted Primary Care Redesign in 2015, an advanced practice model that brings interprofessional care into the work we do for each patient, which was
featured in the New England Journal of Medicine as a way to prevent physician burnout.
- Providers at A.F. Williams work within interprofessional teams that include pharmacists, behavioral health providers, social workers, care managers, patient navigators, sports medicine physicians, chronic pain/substance abuse specialists, and psychiatrists
and psychiatry residents.
- Our care team manages patients with high complexity and our transitions of care program, which includes home visits, identifies and manages high-risk patients as they are discharged from the hospital and transition to care in the outpatient setting.
- Serves a diverse patient population; about 30% of patient visits are covered by Medicare or Medicaid.
- Certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a Level 3 Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH).