INTERNSHIP PROGRAM ADMISSIONS
Briefly describe in narrative form important information to assist potential applicants in assessing their likely fit with your program. This description must be consistent with the program’s policies on intern selection and practicum and academic preparation requirements:
- Applicants must have completed at least 3 years of an APA accredited clinical or counseling psychology graduate program.
- Each applicant may apply for only one major rotation specialty track. Applicants who show promise of a career focus in the specialty area for each major rotation will be given priority. Evidence of prior experience in and commitment to the specialty
the area will be weighed heavily in evaluating applicant credentials.
- Completion of the doctoral dissertation is not required but is strongly encouraged.
Does the program require that applicants have received a minimum number of hours of the following at time of application? If Yes, indicate how many:
- Total Direct Contact Intervention Hours N Y Amount 300 intervention hours
- Total Direct Contact Assessment Hours N Y Amount 90 assessment hours
Describe any other required minimum criteria used to screen applicants:
Required minimum criteria used to screen applicants:
- US citizenship is required given that our site has federal grants that support intern stipends.
- A master’s degree is required.
- All applicants must have passed all comprehensive exams required by one’s home graduate program and have their dissertation proposal approved prior to application deadline.
*Date Program Tables Updated: October 2020