T. Rajendra Kumar, PhD
Professor and Edgar L., Patricia M. Makowski and Family Endowed Chair
Associate Vice Chair of Research
Divisions of Reproductive Sciences & Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Postdoc, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
Postdoc, Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR
PhD, University of Delhi, Delhi, India
MPhil, Central University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
MSc, Central University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad, India
Research Complex 2, 3rd Floor
12700 East 19th Avenue
Room 3000B, MS 8613
Aurora, CO 80045
Phone: (303) 724-8689
Fax: (303) 724-3512
Dr. Kumar received his PhD from the University of Delhi, India and his postdoctoral training at the Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University in Portland, OR. He then moved to Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, as a Research Associate and became an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology and Molecular & Cellular Biology. In 2004, he moved to University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, where he became a Tenured Professor in the Department of Molecular & Integrative Physiology and Director of the Center for Reproductive Sciences, Institute for Reproductive Health and Regenrative Medicine. He joined the Division of Reproductive Sciences in May 2016. His research was published in Nature, Nature Genetics, Cell, PNAS, J Clinical Investigation, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, and Endocrinology. He also edited textbooks entitled "Transgenics in Endocrinology," and "Gonadotropins: From Bench Side to Bedside."
Full List of Publications
- Ongaro L, Schang G, Zhou Z, Kumar TR, Treier M, Deng CX, Boehm U, Bernard DJ. Human Follicle-Stimulating Hormone ß Subunit Expression Depends on FOXL2 and SMAD4. Endocrinology. 2020 May 01; 161(5). PMID: 32191302.
- Simon LE, Liu Z, Bousfield GR, Kumar TR, Duncan FE. Recombinant FSH glycoforms are bioactive in mouse preantral ovarian follicles. Reproduction. 2019 12; 158(6):517-527. PMID: 31600726.
- McDonald R, Sadler C, Kumar TR. Gain-of-Function Genetic Models to Study FSH Action. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne). 2019; 10:28. PMID: 30792692.
- Kumar TR. An interview with Dr Richard Behringer. Biol Reprod. 2019 01 01; 100(1):8-10. PMID: 30657894.
- Anjana S, Joseph J, John J, Balachandran S, Kumar TRS, Abraham A. Novel flourescent spiroborate esters: potential therapeutic agents in in vitro cancer models. Mol Biol Rep. 2019 Feb; 46(1):727-740. PMID: 30554314.
- Kumar TR. An interview with Professor Martin Matzuk. Biol Reprod. 2018 09 01; 99(3):473-475. PMID: 30219907.
- Roy S, Gandra D, Seger C, Biswas A, Kushnir VA, Gleicher N, Kumar TR, Sen A. Oocyte-Derived Factors (GDF9 and BMP15) and FSH Regulate AMH Expression Via Modulation of H3K27AC in Granulosa Cells. Endocrinology. 2018 09 01; 159(9):3433-3445. PMID: 30060157.
- Kumar TR. Fshb Knockout Mouse Model, Two Decades Later and Into the Future. Endocrinology. 2018 05 01; 159(5):1941-1949. PMID: 29579177.
- Das N, Kumar R. Molecular Regulation of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Synthesis, Secretion and Action. J Mol Endocrinol. 2018 Feb 07. PMID: 29437880.
- Nayak KB, Sajitha IS, Kumar TRS, Chakraborty S. Ecotropic viral integration site 1 promotes metastasis independent of epithelial mesenchymal transition in colon cancer cells. Cell Death Dis. 2018 01 16; 9(2):18. PMID: 29339729.