Emily J. Su, MD, MSCI
Divisions of Maternal-Fetal Medicine & Reproductive Sciences
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
MD (2000), University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
MS in Clinical Investigation (2007), Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
Research Complex 2
12700 East 19th Avenue
Room 3008, MS 8613
Aurora, CO 80045
Phone: (303) 724-3506
Fax: (303) 724-3512
Since completion of her Obstetrics and Gynecology residency and her Maternal-Fetal Medicine fellowship at Northwestern University in Chicago, Dr. Su has been continuously grant-funded through various societies and the National Institutes of Health. She joined the faculty of the University of Colorado in 2015, where she continues a balance of clinical work and research. her primary research interest has been focused upon molecular mechanisms underlying placental insufficiency and abnormal fetoplacental blood flow in fetal growth restriction. She was awarded the 2015 President's Achievement Award from the Society for Reproductive Investigation.
Full List of Publications
- Ji S, Xin H, Su EJ. Overexpression of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator partially rescues fetoplacental angiogenesis in severe fetal growth restriction. Clin Sci (Lond). 2019 06 28; 133(12):1353-1365. PMID: 31189688.
- Ji S, Xin H, Li Y, Su EJ. FMS-like tyrosine kinase 1 (FLT1) is a key regulator of fetoplacental endothelial cell migration and angiogenesis. Placenta. 2018 10; 70:7-14. PMID: 30316329.
- Li Y, Lorca RA, Su EJ. Molecular and cellular underpinnings of normal and abnormal human placental blood flows. J Mol Endocrinol. 2018 01; 60(1):R9-R22. PMID: 29097590.
- Gumina DL, Su EJ. Endothelial Progenitor Cells of the Human Placenta and Fetoplacental Circulation: A Potential Link to Fetal, Neonatal, and Long-term Health. Front Pediatr. 2017; 5:41. PMID: 28361046.
- Mestan KK, Gotteiner N, Porta N, Grobman W, Su EJ, Ernst LM. Cord Blood Biomarkers of Placental Maternal Vascular Underperfusion Predict Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension. J Pediatr. 2017 06; 185:33-41. PMID: 28162769.
- Blundell C, Tess ER, Schanzer AS, Coutifaris C, Su EJ, Parry S, Huh D. A microphysiological model of the human placental barrier. Lab Chip. 2016 08 02; 16(16):3065-73. PMID: 27229450.
- Palatnik A, Xin H, Su EJ. Dichotomous effects of aryl hydrocarbon receptor (AHR) activation on human fetoplacental endothelial cell function. Placenta. 2016 08; 44:61-8. PMID: 27452439.
- Su EJ. Role of the fetoplacental endothelium in fetal growth restriction with abnormal umbilical artery Doppler velocimetry. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2015 Oct; 213(4 Suppl):S123-30. PMID: 26428491.
- Su EJ, Xin H, Yin P, Dyson M, Coon J, Farrow KN, Mestan KK, Ernst LM. Impaired fetoplacental angiogenesis in growth-restricted fetuses with abnormal umbilical artery doppler velocimetry is mediated by aryl hydrocarbon receptor nuclear translocator (ARNT). J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Jan; 100(1):E30-40. PMID: 25343232.
- Voller SB, Chock S, Ernst LM, Su E, Liu X, Farrow KN, Mestan KK. Cord blood biomarkers of vascular endothelial growth (VEGF and sFlt-1) and postnatal growth: a preterm birth cohort study. Early Hum Dev. 2014 Apr; 90(4):195-200. PMID: 24480606.