Alex J. Polotsky, MD, MS
Professor and Division Chief
Divisions of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility & Reproductive Sciences
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY (2000)
MSc in Clinical Research Methods, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY (2007)
Academic Office 1
12631 East 17th Avenue
Room 4517, MS B198-3
Aurora, CO 80045
Phone: (303) 724-2053
Fax: (303) 724-8149
Dr. Polotsky completed his undergraduate studies at University of Maryland and received his medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York. He completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at New York Presbyterian Hospital – Cornell Medical Center and his fellowship at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Subsequently, Dr. Polotsky has earned his Master’s of Science degree in Clinical Research at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. His thesis explored the links between the adolescent obesity and reduced lifetime fertility. Dr. Polotsky joined the faculty at the University of Colorado in 2010 and has been Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship Director since 2012. He actively publishes in many areas of reproductive endocrinology. He recently co-authored a chapter on nutrition, the pubertal transition and body weight for the Yen and Jaffe’s Reproductive Endocrinology, one of the most recommended books in the field of Reproductive Medicine.
Full List of Publications
- Eaton JL, Truong T, Li YJ, Polotsky AJ. Prevalence of a Good Perinatal Outcome With Cryopreserved Compared With Fresh Donor Oocytes. Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Mar; 135(3):709-716. PMID: 32028490.
- Jones K, Ryan S, Carlson NE, Chosich J, Bradford AP, Santoro N, Polotsky AJ. Aromatase Inhibition Ameliorates Decreased LH Output Found in Obese Women. Reprod Sci. 2020 Apr; 27(4):1018-1023. PMID: 32046430.
- Vitek W, Sun F, Baker VL, Styer AK, Christianson MS, Stern JE, Zhang H, Polotsky AJ. Lower antimüllerian hormone is associated with lower oocyte yield but not live-birth rate among women with obesity. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2020 Apr; 222(4):363.e1-363.e7. PMID: 31589862.
- Gilbert SB, Alvero RJ, Roth L, Polotsky AJ. Direct Methotrexate Injection into the Gestational Sac for Nontubal Ectopic Pregnancy: A Review of Efficacy and Outcomes from a Single Institution. J Minim Invasive Gynecol. 2020 Jan; 27(1):166-172. PMID: 30930212.
- Bauer JL, Kuhn K, Bradford AP, Al-Safi ZA, Harris MA, Eckel RH, Robledo CY, Malkhasyan A, Johnson J, Gee NR, Polotsky AJ. Reduction in FSH Throughout the Menstrual Cycle After Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplementation in Young Normal Weight but not Obese Women. Reprod Sci. 2019 08; 26(8):1025-1033. PMID: 30773100.
- Babcock Gilbert S, Polotsky AJ. Vaginal culture for IVF allows two mothers to carry the same pregnancy: Is more always better? Case Rep Womens Health. 2019 Jan; 21:e00099. PMID: 30733926.
- Roeca C, Dovey S, Polotsky AJ. Recommendations for assessing ovarian health and fertility potential in survivors of childhood cancer. Maturitas. 2019 Apr; 122:57-59. PMID: 30797531.
- Christianson MS, Legro RS, Jin S, Eisenberg E, Diamond MP, Hansen KR, Vitek W, Styer AK, Casson P, Coutifaris C, Christman GM, Alvero R, Puscheck EE, Christy AY, Sun F, Zhang H, Polotsky AJ, Santoro N. Comparison of sonohysterography to hysterosalpingogram for tubal patency assessment in a multicenter fertility treatment trial among women with polycystic ovary syndrome. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2018 Dec; 35(12):2173-2180. PMID: 30194618.
- Hamlin A, Bauer JL, Polotsky AJ, Murray SC. Ruptured ectopic pregnancy following a cycle of freeze-all in vitro fertilization: A case report. Case Rep Womens Health. 2018 Jul; 19:e00067. PMID: 30094195.
- Grindler NM, Allshouse AA, Jungheim E, Powell TL, Jansson T, Polotsky AJ. OBGYN screening for environmental exposures: A call for action. PLoS One. 2018; 13(5):e0195375. PMID: 29768418.