All Assistant Professors in the Department of Medicine must undergo a comprehensive Mid-Course Review, typically during the third or fourth year of their Assistant Professor appointment. Mid-Course Reviews are required by the School of Medicine and must be completed
before an Assistant Professor can submit for promotion to Associate Professor or submit a promotion extension request.
- Conversation with senior faculty about career accomplishments and professional goals
- Opportunity to ask questions and receive support from the DOM in preparation for promotion
- Discuss which promotion series is the right fit for your career goals
- Receive actionable and specific recommendations to help progress towards promotion
General Process and Timeline:
- Assistant Professors due for Mid-Course Review are asked to prepare and submit a dossier via Interfolio.
- Dossiers submitted after the deadline are subject to being pushed to the following year.
- Each dossier is reviewed by 2-3 members of the Mid-Course Review Committee.
- A 30-minute meeting is scheduled with the Assistant Professor and committee members to discuss feedback.
- A summary letter with recommendations is issued to the Assistant Professor and Division Head