To provide innovative and individualized training for the
future leaders of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics to excel in their roles as
clinicians, researchers, teachers, and community physicians.
- Develop leaders and advocates in medicine who will be trained to provide high value, evidence-based care for all patients regardless of race, age, ethnicity, gender or sexual orientation.
- Provide residents with broad exposure to a variety of subspecialty fields in both Pediatrics and Internal Medicine, supporting individualized training tailored to the unique interests and career goals of each resident.
- Foster clinician-educators and provide ample opportunities to teach, design, and evaluate curricula.
- Provide early, comprehensive, and ongoing mentorship and coaching in the areas of career development, research, and scholarship.
- Recruit, retain and support residents and faculty from diverse backgrounds.
- Emphasize the importance of quality improvement and patient safety in various clinical settings, and equip residents with the tools to identify barriers to high quality care, create sustainable change, and improve patient outcomes.
- Create and support a culture of wellness and resiliency among residents and faculty.