Application Process and Important Dates
Thank you for your interest in our combined Internal Medicine-Pediatrics Residency Training Program at the University of Colorado School of Medicine. All interviews will be held virtually between November 2021 – January 2022. Please review our application requirements below. If you are unable to meet one of these requirements (e.g. a LOR from both IM and Pediatrics) please let us know. We recognize that COVID-19 has impacted all of our lives in unique ways, and as a program we aim to be flexible and supportive during this challenging time.
Applications are reviewed (via ERAS) by our program from August through November 30th. Our committee members have all completed an implicit bias training and are committed to a holistic review of each application.
Please note that incomplete or late applications will not be considered, if received after November 30th.
All applications must be submitted through
Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applicants must participate in the National Residency Match
Program (NRMP). The Med-Peds NRMP number is 1076700C0.
- Please do not mail, e-mail, or fax any applications.
- If you are an international medical graduate, you must apply to our program through an ECFMG office (see below).
ERAS applications must include:
- Formal Medical School Transcripts
- USMLE Transcripts with passing scores for Step I and II (CK, CS) are required:
- Please submit transcript for Step II CK and CS as soon as possible, ideally by end of December.
- All applicants must pass USMLE Step 1 on first attempt, to be considered for an interview. Non-US medical school applicants and osteopathic applicants must pass on first attempt and submit USMLE Step 1 and 2 in order to be eligible:
- COMLEX scores are not accepted or considered
- Personal Statement
- A Dean's letter (MSPE) from your medical school
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (LOR): we ask that you include letters from faculty or mentors who you have worked with in a meaningful capacity and can speak to your strengths and attributes, including your clinical skills, work ethic, roles as a leader,
and interpersonal skills.
- 1 LOR from the Department of Internal Medicine – clerkship director, faculty member, etc.
- 1 LOR from the Department of Pediatrics – clerkship director, faculty member, etc.
- 1 LOR can be from other faculty or mentors
- Please note a Med-Peds letter is not required
- Additional letters are not required but will be reviewed