Department of Medicine
Department of Medicine Promotion Timeline:
- Notification from SOM of faculty due to go up for promotion: Mid-August
- Faculty start dossier preparation: Mid-August or before
- Deadline for letters to be submitted to DOM Chair for signature: October 15
- Documents due to DOM: October 31
- Deadline to the SOM: December 31
Promotions Approval Process Timeline:
December – January: Department of Medicine promotions applications are submitted to the School of Medicine
January – June: Applications are reviewed by the SOM Faculty Promotions Committee and from there move to the Chancellor level with an effective date of July 1
- The School of Medicine Faculty Promotions Committee meets twice a month from January to June.
- Formal approval and announcements will be made as review is complete. Final date for process June 30.
- Department of Medicine receives notice when Department review is complete at Promotions Committee.
- NOTE: No formal announcements are made until approval occurs at the Chancellor level.
- Final approval at Chancellor level, all effective July 1.