with exceptional qualifications who aspire to thrive in the areas
articulated by our mission and philosophy are invited to apply. The
following are specific to Pediatric Otolaryngology for the recruitment
- The program participates in the San Francisco Matching Program and
advertises through the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology
(ASPO) with the unified application process as the two recruitment
methods for obtaining fellowship candidates. The program is accredited
for a training length of 1 year.
- Applicants must have successfully completed 5 years of an
otolaryngology residency, passed USMLE steps 2 and 3, and submit 3
letters of recommendations with their application to the program.
- Applications are accepted beginning in September of each year and continuing throughout February for two PGY-6 fellowship training positions.
- These applications are reviewed by the Program Director and
Associate Program Director for consideration to invite for interviews.
There are approximately 13-15 applicants chosen to interview and are
either emailed or called to visit the program in April. All applicants
are individually interviewed by pediatric otolaryngology faculty that
supervise the fellowship training experience. The ranking of the
applicants follows with subsequent faculty discussion for a majority
- The matched applicants will spend 100% of their time at Children's Hospital Colorado as the primary teaching site of rotation with supervising attending pediatric otolaryngology faculty.
- The CU Anschutz School of Medicine
recognizes that residents enrolled in its programs are trainees, not
employees. As such, all applicants also must be able to meet conditions
of the institutional requirements.
Fellows in our program must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident, refugee, asylee, or possess the appropriate documentation to
allow Resident to legally train at the University of Colorado Denver
School of Medicine. The Department follows GME requirements for application. The program is located in the Denver metro area.
GME Benefits Information
GME Stipends Information