PAGE-Program to Advance Gender Equity
The Program to Advance Gender Equity (PAGE) was designed by the School of Medicine to advise and implement strategic initiatives within the DOM to improve gender equity. The program consists of the Compensation Equity Task Force and the Gender
Equity Implementation Task Force, which have dedicated themselves to the following goals:
The goals of PAGE
- To improved salary transparency and awareness of salary setting policies by implementing a posting of base salary AAMC and other benchmarking with a commitment for division administrators and division heads to review salaries yearly in relation to
other faculty at the same rank.
- To launch the PAGE website, which will include updates on progress, benchmarking data, and information about division-specific incentive plans for faculty to review.
- To implement a paid parental leave policy for the DOM in collaboration with Vice Chair of Diversity and Justice that consists of two weeks of paid leave before use of vacation and sick leave.
- To implement standards regarding standing and search committee composition within the DOM to include adequate gender representation.
- To promote training in unconscious bias for leadership, all members of standing and search committees with the goal of training all faculties.
- To present process and achievements of PAGE to the Dean and Department heads to expand the approach to the SOM and the campus.