Firearm Injury Prevention Initiative
To coordinate, synergize, and stimulate collaborative approaches to firearm injury prevention in Colorado and nationally.
- Be identified as a model of collaboration and neutral (nonpolitical, nonjudgmental) hub of information
- Deliver outstanding education with rigorous evaluation to demonstrate impact
- Pursue action-oriented, innovative research to develop and disseminate effective, acceptable interventions
Zero firearm-related injuries or deaths in the United States.
To use collaboration, education, and scientific research to prevent firearm-related injuries and deaths of all types in all populations in Colorado and nationally.
We affirm these core values:
- Recognition of a common goal of health and security
- Respect for diversity and consideration of a range of views
- Engagement of affected communities and those with ‘lived experience’
We demonstrate commitment to these values through:
- Equitable, trustful collaborations
- Local and national engagement
- Scientific rigor
- Rigorous evaluation and accountability
- Context appropriate solutions
- Sustainability and cost-effectiveness