I write to share exciting news that this week, Human Resources will launch a new family care subscription program for CU Anschutz Medical Campus faculty, staff and full-time students, as well as dual-campus consolidated services and administrative services (CSA/ASA) employees. Through a partnership with Care@Work by Care.com, we are providing premium Care.com subscription memberships to all CU Anschutz Medical Campus employees and full-time students, and subsidized backup care to CU Anschutz Medical Campus and Consolidated (CSA/ASA) employees who are 0.5 FTE and above. High level details are below.
Membership to the Care.com search services will include:
● Care.com Membership: Premium, unlimited access to Care.com to post a job or search for caregivers including childcare providers, tutors, virtual care and learning support, pod teachers, nannies, nanny shares, senior caregivers, pet walkers and sitters, house cleaners and more.
● Tuition Discounts: Discounts on full-time or part-time tuition available at participating childcare centers.
For 0.5 FTE and above CU Anschutz Medical Campus and CSA/ASA employees, including residents/fellows and postdocs, up to 10 days per year of backup care benefits will be also be available:
● Backup Care for Children & Adults: Access to in-home or in-center vetted and subsidized care when regular, planned care is not available due to COVID-19-related circumstances. Examples include daycare or school closures due to COVID-19, before -or after-school care closures due to COVID-19, adult care facility closures due to COVID-19, and related reasons.
○ Eligible employees may use up to 10 care days per year of backup care for either child or adult care.
○ Backup care co-pays will be as follows:
Importantly, employees, students, residents/fellows will go through this website in order to check eligibility and enroll in CU Anschutz subscription and backup care benefits. If they go directly to the public Care.com website, that will not take them to our enrollment questions and process. An email will be sent from my office to all eligible employees and students when enrollment is live; the enrollment process is currently being tested.
The Care@Work program will be in place through the end of the summer, 2021. We will assess program utilization at that time, and determine whether the subscription service or backup care is extended.
HR liaisons will hear more about the program at the October 8th HR Management Meeting, to include a presentation from Care. Com.
In the meantime, should you receive questions, please direct your employees to the following contacts:
● Program benefits and enrollment questions: email@example.com
● Faculty and staff eligibility questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Student questions should be directed to: email@example.com
Carolyn Brownawell, MBA, CCP
Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Human Resources Officer