Educational Funds 21-22
Educational funds become available in late September early October each year.
This section will be updated once we receive approval.
For now, keep a copy of all receipts, a bank statement is typically not enough, you must get an itemized receipt from the vendor.
Also as you make your purchases, keep in mind the timeline of the approval to our program. It is important to note that any purchase older than 90 days is subject to taxable income.
|Funds CAN be used for the following: |
- MKSAP, other similar board review materials, textbooks, study aids
- Educational organization membership dues, i.e., American College of Physicians or a subspecialty society
- Travel expenses while at educational conferences (registration, per diem, hotel, flights)
- Medical equipment (ex: stethoscopes)
- Bibliography/citation reference manager software (ex: EndNote, Biblioscape, Reference Manager, etc.)
|Funds CANNOT be used for:|
- Hardware purchases
- To help defray the cost of any TEST or REGISTRATION COSTS
- To obtain test results
- Tablets (iPads, Android-based, etc.)
- Computer Software
Conference Funding 21-22
If you are invited to speak at a conference this academic year there is money available to help with travel. As a reminder, the travel stipend is $1500 over the course of residency. We do also encourage you to first start by seeing if there is funding available with the department your research is through