- The University of Colorado is proud to offer a Vascular Medicine fellowship supported through the William R. Hiatt Vascular Medicine Fellowship Endowment at CPC Clinical Research. This fellowship is a 1-year training experience with diverse clinical and research opportunities. Vascular Medicine fellows in this program will rotate with Vascular Medicine, Vascular Surgery, the vascular diagnostic laboratory, and other relevant specialties such as Rheumatology, Hematology, and Wound Care. The clinical training spans inpatient and outpatient settings, and graduating fellows will be eligible for the American Board of Vascular Medicine and the Registered Physician Vascular Interpretation certification examinations.
- Fellows will also have the opportunity to engage in clinical research through CPC Clinical Research, the affiliated academic research organization on the campus of the University of Colorado Anschutz School of Medicine.
- Academic opportunities include participating in cardiovascular trials, particularly in the field of peripheral artery disease, presenting at national meetings and writing manuscripts.
- Interested candidates should contact the fellowship program director, Kevin Rogers, MD MSC or the executive director of CPC Clinical Research, Marc Bonaca, MD MPH. The application is rolling, so apply anytime this fall though space is limited to one person so the earlier the better. For more information, please visit: https://cpcclinicalresearch.org/fellowship/
- The University of Chicago has an exciting fellowship opportunity, Primary Care Investigators Training in Chronic Disease & Health Disparities (PITCH), for any who are interested in pursuing an academic career as a clinical investigator in internal medicine, pediatrics, ID/HIV, or geriatrics. For more information, please review the fellowship application posting.
Kaiser Permanente is launching a new, Fontana Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Program. If you are passionate about providing compassionate care to patients with serious illnesses, we invite you to apply.
- Key Highlights:
- Comprehensive pain management, symptom control, psychosocial support, and end-of-life care training.
- Fellows have continuity of care from inpatient, outpatient, home-based palliative care, and home hospice care within the Kaiser Permanente system.
- Dedicated time for research and scholarly activities.
- Mentorship from experienced faculty.
- Interdisciplinary collaboration for holistic patient care.
- For more information, application requirements, and important dates, kindly refer to their fellowship program webpage.
- We are currently recruiting 1 fellow per year. Applications are now being accepted through the ERAS application portal. Interviews will be conducted shortly after the submission period.
If you have questions, please reach out to their Program Administrator, Denise Rodriguez, at Denise.X.Rodriguez@kp.org.
New York University and NYU Langone Health are recruiting for their two-year General Internal Medicine Fellowship for 2024.
- Led by their faculty from across the NYUGSOM
institutions and affiliates, this fellowship supports physicians committed to
careers in academic general medicine with research focused on improving the
quality, safety, equity, and effectiveness of care in our communities.
- For more information, please review the NYU Langone Internal Medicine Fellowship Brochure or
visit their website.
If you have questions, please reach out to Deborah Cooke, Deborah.Cooke@nyulangone.org
January 2023: The division of hospital medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University is offering a fellowship program. Our fellowship program is a strong, one-year program that provides POCUS training/certification and allows fellows to be engaged in research projects in hospital medicine and different specialties. Our curriculum is flexible and allows our fellows to do electives in other divisions in the department of medicine. The details of the curriculum are available on our website.
December 2022: At Mercy Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland, we select candidates for ACGME accredited gastroenterology fellowships (2 positions) in partnership with the University of Maryland and a 1-2 years non-accredited hepatology fellowship (3 positions). While ACGME accredited gastroenterology fellowship goes through the match, hepatology fellows are selected directly.
We are currently interviewing candidates for a hepatology fellowship starting July 2023. The fellow will work both in the outpatient and inpatient setting and will have opportunities to participate in clinical research activities. Our past fellows have completed their hepatology fellowship and gain acceptance into an ACGME fellowship. It is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to expand their clinical and research experience in hepatology and liver transplantation while seeking an ACGME fellowship. Please note that we are unable to support those on J-visa at this time.
Interested residents can send their CVs to Ashley Fitzpatrick
November 2022: The University of Colorado (CU) Diabetes Fellowship Program was established in 2020 with the overarching goal of training motivated individuals in the care of patients with all types of diabetes, diabetes complications, preventive care, and associated comorbidities including obesity and lipid disorders. Fellows integrate outpatient and inpatient clinical experiences, evidence-based practice and didactics, with discussion of relevant research to develop appropriate management and follow-up plans for patients with diabetes referred for outpatient and inpatient consultation. This fellowship provides a balanced and structured experience in the basic care and specialized management of diabetes including use of diabetes technologies in diverse clinical settings. One fellow will be accepted for the 2023-2024 academic year. Review the flyer for more information.
November 2022: The Massachusetts General Hospital Fellowship Program in Rural Health Leadership is pleased to announce the application period for its 2023-2025 fellowship class is open. The RHL fellowship is dedicated to health equity, systems improvement, excellence in general medicine practice, and community partnership. Our partner community is the Rosebud Sioux Tribe in South Dakota, with clinical activities at both the Rosebud Indian Health Service and within Massachusetts General Hospital. The two-year fellowship involves:
- A funded master’s degree in public health at the Harvard School of Public Health*
- An immersive rural health experience including 13 weeks per year of clinical effort in two-week blocks, in Rosebud, South Dakota
- A longitudinal mentored project tailored to the fellow’s interests in clinical care, innovation, health systems leadership, education and/or research
- Curricula in rural health equity, advocacy and leadership
- An academic home at MGH and Harvard Medical School
- A vibrant network of fellows and faculty committed to health equity and process improvement
* fellows with an equivalent degree will be offered funding for research or other coursework
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. Application materials are listed on our website and include a brief application, CV and three letters of recommendation. The fellowship is open to MD/DOs who will have completed residency in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine or Combined Medicine & Pediatrics by June 30, 2023.
We invite applications from physicians with a passion for health equity, health systems improvement, and partnership with rural communities. We are proud to run a small, unique program and encourage questions about the experience.
November 2022: We are excited to announce a two-year General Internal Medicine Fellowship at NYU Grossman School of Medicine and NYU Langone Health.
Led by our faculty from across our NYUGSOM institutions and affiliates, this fellowship supports physicians committed to careers in academic general medicine with research focused in any of many core areas - health services, improving the quality and safety, informatics, equity, education, and effectiveness of care in our communities. We provide tuition for a master’s degree and clinical engagement at either NYU or VA. Visit our website for more information.