Dr. Amy Treece is an anatomic and clinical pathologist who is also board-certified in Pediatric Pathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology. Following residency training at the University of Alabama, Birmingham, and fellowships at the University of North Carolina and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, she joined the faculty of the University of Colorado School of Medicine as an assistant professor in the Department of Pathology in 2015. She signs out both pediatric and molecular pathology at the Children's Hospital Colorado and serves as the Medical Director for the Precision Diagnostics Laboratory. Her clinical and research interests include pediatric renal tumors and she is a central reviewer for the Children's Oncology Group. She also has interests in molecular alterations in pediatric solid tumors and hematopoietic cancers, as well as medical renal and perinatal pathology. Dr. Treece is the fellowship director for the Molecular Genetic Pathology fellowship and is very active in medical student and resident education.
Areas of Expertise
Pediatric renal tumors, molecular alterations in hematopoietic tumors and pediatric solid tumors, perinatal pathology.
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- BS, Aug 2000 – May 2004 Microbiology with minors in Genetics and Psychology, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC;
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) July 2005 – May 2009 Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC;
- AP/CP Pathology Residency July 2009 – June 2013 University of Alabama, Birmingham; Molecular Genetic Pathology Fellowship July 2013 – June 2014
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill;
- Pediatric Pathology Fellowship July 2014 – June 2015 Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Summit Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Education of Pathologists June 2017
- Summit Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Education of Pathologists June 2018
- Summit Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Education of Pathologists June 2019
- 40 Under Forty, American Society for Clinical Pathology July 2019
- Children’s Oncology Group Young Investigator Program Oct 2019 – present
- Summit Award for Excellence in Teaching and the Education of Pathologists June 2020
- Assistant Professor Aug 2015 - present University of Colorado School of Medicine Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Division of Pediatric Pathology Children’s.
- Hospital of Colorado, Aurora, CO; Pediatric and Molecular Pathologist Aug 2015 – Present. Children’s Hospital Colorado, Department of Pathology, Aurora, CO.