Under the direction of Dr. M. Scott Lucia, the Prostate Diagnostic Laboratory continuously strives to produce new findings in the field of prostate research. As the regional leaders in academic medicine, our teams work hard to increase scientific knowledge in the areas of basic science, diagnostic measures and clinical treatment. Together with our international scientific colleagues, we work toward a better future for those affected by diseases of the prostate, such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and prostate cancer.
The Prostate Diagnostic Lab serves as the central pathology site for many large clinical studies sponsored by the NIDDK, SWOG, and private industry. We also serve as the central core lab for two multi-institutional research networks: The Biology of the PCPT Program and the MAPP Research Network.
-Over 5,000 square feet of workspace.
- A mixture of 55 (-80C and -120C) freezers, with capacity to grow to 109.
- Over 2 million banked archival samples of various types (tissue, serum, etc).
- A CAP certified full-service Histology/Immunohistochemistry processing lab.
- In-house computer-assisted image analysis and programming team.
- A 6+ terabyte data storage capacity server system.
Prostate Cancer Research Laboratories
12801 E. 17th Ave., Mailstop 8104
PO Box 6511, RC1-South rm.5100
Aurora, CO 80045