Dr. Bradford Siegele is an anatomic and clinical pathologist and board-certified pediatric pathologist and hematopathologist, who has practiced hematopathology at Children’s Hospital Colorado and the University of Colorado Hospital and pediatric pathology at Children’s Hospital Colorado since 2018. Dr. Siegele received his residency training at the University of Colorado Department of Pathology, with fellowship training in pediatric pathology at Boston Children’s Hospital and in hematopathology at Massachusetts General Hospital. His clinical interests include pediatric, adolescent/young adult, and adult leukemias and lymphomas, pediatric sarcomas, and vascular anomalies, with research interests in adolescent/young adult hematologic malignancies and immunohistochemical diagnostics in hematopoietic neoplasms and solid tumors. Dr. Siegele is an active member of the Society for Pediatric Pathology and is chair-elect of the Society for Pediatric Pathology Slide Survey.
Areas of Expertise
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Pediatric leukemia and lymphomas; adolescent and young-adult leukemias; vascular anomalies;immunohistochemical evaluation of pediatric sarcomas
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- BA, 1999, English and Philosophy, Duke University, Durham, NC;
- JD, 2005, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, MA;
- Post-baccalaureate/pre-medical, 2007, Columbia University, New York, NY;
- MD, 2012, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas, TX
- AP/CP Pathology Residency, 2016, University of Colorado, Aurora, CO;
- Pediatric Pathology Fellowship, 2017, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA;
- Hematopathology Fellowship, 2018, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
- Robert H. Fennell, Jr., M.D. Award for Excellence in Education, 2016, University of Colorado Department of Pathology, Aurora, CO
- Assistant Professor, 2018 – Present, University of Colorado School of Medicine Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Pediatric Pathology Children’s Hospital of Colorado, Aurora, CO
- Pediatric Pathologist and Hematopathologist, 2018 – Present. Children’s Hospital Colorado, Department of Pathology, Aurora, CO.
- Hematopathologist, 2018 – Present. University of Colorado Hospital, Department of Pathology, Aurora, CO.
- Pediatric, adolescent/young adult, and adult leukemias and lymphomas; emerging hematopoietic neoplasms, including DUX4-IgH translocated ALL, Ph-like ALL, pediatric MDS, and myeloid neoplasms with germline predisposition.
- Translational immunohistochemistry in the diagnosis of pediatric leukemia, lymphoma, and solid tumors.
Publications and Presentations
- Myers KC, Furutani E, Weller E, Siegele B, Galvin A, Arsenault V, Alter BP, Boulad F, Bueso-Ramos C, Burroughs L, Castillo P, Connelly J, Davies SM, DiNardo CD, Hanif I, Ho RH, Karras N, Manalang M, McReynolds LJ, Nakano TA, Nalepa G, Norkin M, Oberley MJ, Orgel E, Pastore YD, Rosenthal J, Walkovich K, Larson J, Malsch M, Elghetany MT, Fleming MD, Shimamura A. Clinical features and outcomes of patients with Shwachman-Diamond syndrome and myelodysplastic syndrome or acute myeloid leukaemia: a multicentre, retrospective, cohort study. Lancet Haematol. 2020 Mar; 7(3):e238-e246. PMID: 31879230.
- Winters AC, Gutman JA, Purev E, Nakic M, Tobin J, Chase S, Kaiser J, Lyle L, Boggs C, Halsema K, Schowinsky JT, Rosser J, Ewalt MD, Siegele B, Rana V, Schuster S, Abbott D, Stevens BM, Jordan CT, Smith C, Pollyea DA. Real-world experience of venetoclax with azacitidine for untreated patients with acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Adv. 2019 10 22; 3(20):2911-2919. PMID: 31648312
- Iyasere CA, Takvorian RW, Simeone FJ, Siegele BJ. Case 28-2018: A 39-Year-Old Man with Epistaxis, Pain and Erythema of the Forearm, and Pancytopenia. N Engl J Med. 2018 Sep 13; 379(11):1072-1081. PMID: 30207921.
- Martin D, Degese MS, Vitale-Cross L, Iglesias-Bartolome R, Valera JLC, Wang Z, Feng X, Yeerna H, Vadmal V, Moroishi T, Thorne RF, Zaida M, Siegele B, Cheong SC, Molinolo AA, Samuels Y, Tamayo P, Guan KL, Lippman SM, Lyons JG, Gutkind JS. Assembly and activation of the Hippo signalome by FAT1 tumor suppressor. Nat Commun. 2018 07 09; 9(1):2372. PMID: 29985391.
- Siegele BJ, Nardi V. Laboratory testing in BCR-ABL1-like (Philadelphia-like) B-lymphoblastic leukemia/lymphoma. Am J Hematol. 2018 07; 93(7):971-977. PMID: 29696694.
- Rosenblatt SD, Wolter NE, Siegele B, Brodsky JR. Primary parotid lymphoma presenting as a recurrent cystic mass: A case report. Laryngoscope. 2018 04; 128(4):998-1001. PMID: 28771798.
- Siegele B, Roberts J, Black JO, Rudzinski E, Vargas SO, Galambos C. DUX4 Immunohistochemistry Is a Highly Sensitive and Specific Marker for CIC-DUX4 Fusion-positive Round Cell Tumor. Am J Surg Pathol. 2017 Mar; 41(3):423-429. PMID: 27879517.
- Wolter NE, Siegele B, Cunningham MJ. Cystic cervical teratoma: A diagnostic and management challenge. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2017 Apr; 95:97-100. PMID: 28576544.
- Siegele BJ, Shilo K, Chao BH, Carbone DP, Zhao W, Ioffe O, Franklin WA, Edelman MJ, Aisner DL. Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) mutations in small cell lung cancers: Two cases and a review of the literature. Lung Cancer. 2016 May; 95:65-72. PMID: 27040854.
- Patel V, Iglesias-Bartolome R, Siegele B, Marsh CA, Leelahavanichkul K, Molinolo AA, Gutkind JS. Cellular systems for studying human oral squamous cell carcinomas. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2011; 720:27-38. PMID: 21901616.
- Siegele B, Cefalu C, Holm N, Sun G, Tubbs J, Meschonat C, Odaka Y, DeBenedetti A, Ghali GE, Chu Q, Mathis JM, Li BD. eIF4E-targeted suicide gene therapy in a minimal residual mouse model for metastatic soft-tissue head and neck squamous cell carcinoma improves disease-free survival. J Surg Res. 2008 Jul; 148(1):83-9. PMID: 18570935.