The Division of Rheumatology strives to understand more about lupus through research. Please see the list below, which summarizes the studies available to individuals interested in advancing our understanding and treatment of rheumatic disease.
|Basic Eligibility Criteria
Amber Podoll, MD
|VIBRANT is a phase 2a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial investigating the efficacy and safety of VIB4920 in patients with active lupus nephritis.
- Age 18 years or older
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus diagnosis
- UPCR ≥ 1.5
- Renal biopsy at screening visit demonstrating Class III, Class IV, or Class V + Class III or IV lupus nephritis
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Contraindication to MMF therapy
- Rituximab, other B cell depleting agent therapy in the 6 months prior to study
- Systemic corticosteroid treatment
- End stage renal disease
- Organ transplant recipient- Significant or uncontrolled disease
Please note that study status changes frequently and therefore, a listed study may not be actively enrolling. Also, the complete list of inclusion and exclusion criteria for a given study is often not listed due to its length. A visit to determine an individuals eligibility may be required. A placebo is an inactive substance or treatment that looks the same as, and is given the same way as, an active drug or treatment being tested. The effects of the active drug or treatment are compared to the effects of the placebo.