Foreign Graduate Admission

No exemptions will be made for required course work regardless of degrees or certification received outside the United States, experience, work background, or education. In addition to the General Admission Requirements (above), the applicant who has graduated from a college or university outside of the United States regardless of United States’ residency status must do the following (not necessary for United States Territories):

  • Official transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate course work taken outside the United States must be submitted to the program, along with the report from a credentialing organization (e.g. Educational Credential Evaluators, Incorporated) demonstrating equivalency to a Bachelor’s degree received at an American college or university, and evaluating the transcript course-by-course for equivalency to required prerequisites for admission to the Anesthesiologist Assistant Program. This is the first step that you are responsible for.
  • A statement from a responsible person certifying that the applicant’s financial resources are sufficient to meet necessary expenses (International Students only). Deficiencies in required course work must be made up by taking appropriate courses in a college or university in the United States.
  • A statement from a qualified physician describing any emotional or physical illnesses suffered by applicant during the preceding five years, or certifying freedom from such illnesses (International Students only).
  • A photocopy of the student’s passport to provide proof of birth date and citizenship (students outside the United States who have not yet acquired a passport will need to submit a copy of their birth certificate).
  • For all applicants residing in the United States at the time of application: a photocopy of the visa page contained within the student’s passport, as well as a photocopy of the student’s I/94 arrival departure record (both sides).
  • For all applicants residing in the United States at the time of application in either F, M, or J non-immigrant classification: written confirmation of non-immigrant status at previous school attended before transferring to the University of Colorado Denver.
  • Proof of health insurance. Students who do not possess health insurance upon applying to the University of Colorado must be prepared to purchase health insurance through an approved provider upon commencement of studies.
  • If an international student is transferring from a college or university in the United States, the international Student Transfer Clearance Form is also required.
  • All documentation must be submitted to the University of Colorado registration office 30 days prior to a term’s registration date for acceptance for that term. The University reserves the right to update these admissions requirements; subject to current federal regulations concerning the enrollment of nonimmigrant alien students. The University of Colorado is authorized under federal law to admit non-immigrant alien students.

In addition to the General Admission Requirements (above), the applicant who has graduated from a college or university of a country for which English is not the primary language, regardless of United States residency status, must do the following:

  • Students must obtain minimum scores listed below for each section of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Scores must be from an exam taken within 7 years of application to the program. The program must receive an official score report directly from Educational Testing Services, Princeton, NJ.
Minimum Score Per SectionPaper-Based ExamComputer-Based ExamInternet-Based Exam
Reading 56 22 22
Speaking 26
Structure/Writing 58 24 20

Transfer Admission

As providers of anesthesiologist assistant profession training, the program’s primary responsibility is to offer such training to any person who meets the admission requirements. However, program format and enrollment constraints usually do not permit acceptance of transfer applicants.