Admission Process & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- An MCAT score attained within 5 years of applying to the program
- 3 letters of recommendation
- The references portion is called Evaluations and is located in the Supporting Information section. You are required to have a minimum of 3 evaluations. Once you have saved an electronic evaluation, an email request will automatically be sent
to the evaluator on your behalf. Please advise your evaluator to look for this email in their inbox, as well as their spam or junk mail folder, as emails do occasionally get filtered out.
- Completion of the prerequisite courses within 7 years of your start date in the program.
- An MCAT score of 500 or above may be utilized to waive the 7-year prerequisite requirement. Please contact the Program at AAProgram@cuanschutz.edu.
1 semester (7 year window DOES NOT apply)
General Chemistry I & II with labs
Organic Chemistry I & II with labs
General Physics I & II with labs
2 semesters (Trigonometry or calculus based is preferred)
Human Anatomy & Physiology
1 semester combined, OR 1 semester of each
- A minimum of 8 hours of anesthetist shadowing (Applicants are encouraged to fulfill as many hours as possible.)
- Applicants to the program must be familiar with the practice of anesthesia, including related activities in the operating room. Applicants who meet the minimum requirement will be considered for admission, but additional hours are strongly suggested. The applicant is encouraged to visit a local hospital and ask to speak with the anesthesiologist who directs the department of anesthesia.
- Individuals applying to the program must spend at
least 8 hours with an anesthetist or an anesthesiologist in an
operating room environment observing the conduct of anesthesia.
Applicants who meet the minimum requirement will be considered for
admission, but additional hours are strongly suggested.
The applicant is encouraged to visit a local hospital and ask to speak
with the anesthesiologist who directs the department of anesthesia.
- Background Check administered through the purchase of package code UF28 on CastleBranch.com
- A CASPer online assessment through Altus Suite
- All applicants applying to the Anesthesiologist Assistant Program at the University of Colorado are required to complete the Casper test (Situational Judgment Test) to assist with our selection process. The cost is $60 for the exam and the distribution of your scores to one program.
- Access the Casper exam through the Acuity Insights website. You will need to create an account and choose a test date.
Applicants need to create an account and complete an application through CASAA. You will submit all materials to and/or through CASAA (see above - MCAT scores, transcripts, letters of evaluations, forms, etc.). The application costs $165 for the first program.
Under the Program Materials section, you will need to upload:
you submit all materials, CASAA will verify your application. At that
point, the Admissions Committee will review it. If you are selected for
an interview, we will notify you via email.
CASAA application available online.
Application review begins.
Interviews and rolling admission begins.
Cohort is typically finalized.
CASAA application closes.
Orientation and classes begin.
We operate on a rolling admissions basis which means we admit students as they apply and are interviewed.