Please note, you will be sending CASAA your official transcripts and MCAT score report from AAMC, not the Program Office. The Program Office will only need these items from you in the event that you are accepted into the Program.
- Create an applicant account on CASAA (Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants).
- Choose the University of Colorado, Denver from the list of programs.
- Complete all four sections of the application (Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials). The Program Materials section is specific to our program.
- The references portion is called Evaluations and is located in the Supporting Information section. You are required to have a minimum of 3 evaluations. Once you have saved an electronic evaluation, an email request will automatically be sent to the evaluator on your behalf. Please advise your evaluator to look for this email in their inbox, as well as their spam or junk mail folder, as emails do occasionally get filtered out.
- Please use updated transcripts to complete the online application. If a course is "In Progress" at the time of application, enter the letters "IP" for that course when entering Prerequisite Courses.
- In the Program Materials section you will need to upload:
In addition to the CASAA application, applicants must complete the CASPer online assessment. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. Information regarding this mandatory assessment is below.
Altus Suite - Admissions Assessments of Non-Cognitive Skills
All applicants applying to the Anesthesiologist Assistant Program, at The University of Colorado are required to complete an online suite of assessments (Altus Suite), to assist with our selection process for the 2021-2022 Application Cycle.
Altus Suite consists of a two part online assessment of non-cognitive skills, interpersonal characteristics, and personal values and priorities that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program. Altus Suite will complement the other tools that we use for applicant screening. In implementing Altus Suite, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our selection process.
Altus Suite consists of:
- Casper: a 60-90 minute online situational judgment test (SJT)
- Snapshot: a 10-minute one-way interview with standardized questions
You will register for Altus Suite for the US Professional Health Sciences test (CSP-10101).
Access www.TakeAltus.com to create an account and for more information on important dates and requirements, and the Altus Suite assessments.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please don’t hesitate to call the Program Office at 303-724-1764 or email us at AAProgram@cuanschutz.edu.