Please note, you will be sending CASAA your official transcripts and MCAT score report from AAMC, not the Program Office. The Program Office will only need these items from you in the event that you are accepted into the Program.
- Create an applicant account on CASAA (Centralized Application Service for Anesthesiologist Assistants).
- Choose the University of Colorado, Denver from the list of programs.
- Complete all four sections of the application (Personal Information, Academic History, Supporting Information, and Program Materials). The Program Materials section is specific to our program.
- The references portion is called Evaluations and is located in the Supporting Information section. You are required to have a minimum of 3 evaluations. Once you have saved an electronic evaluation, an email request will automatically be sent to the evaluator on your behalf. Please advise your evaluator to look for this email in their inbox, as well as their spam or junk mail folder, as emails do occasionally get filtered out.
- Please use updated transcripts to complete the online application. If a course is "In Progress" at the time of application, enter the letters "IP" for that course when entering Prerequisite Courses.
- In the Program Materials section you will need to upload:
In addition to the CASAA application, applicants must complete the CASPer online assessment. Successful completion of CASPer is mandatory in order to maintain admission eligibility. Information regarding this mandatory assessment is below.
The CASPer Test - Computer-Based Assessment for Sampling Personal Characteristics
CASPer is an online test which assesses for non-cognitive skills and interpersonal characteristics that we believe are important for successful students and graduates of our program, and will complement the other tools that we use for applicant screening. In implementing CASPer, we are trying to further enhance fairness and objectivity in our selection process.
In order to take CASPer, you will be responsible for securing access to a computer with audio capabilities, a webcam, and a reliable internet connection on your selected test date. CASPer can be taken practically anywhere that you can satisfy the aforementioned requirements. No exceptions will be provided for applicants unable to take CASPer online due to being located at sites where internet is not dependable due to technical or political factors.
Please go to www.takeCASPer.com to sign up and reserve a test using your CASAA Applicant ID and a piece of government-issued photo ID. You will be provided with a limited number of testing dates and times. Please note that these are the only testing dates available for your CASPer test. There will be no additional tests scheduled. Please use an email address that you check regularly; there may be updates to the test schedule.
Please direct any inquiries on the test to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may use the chat bubble in the bottom right hand corner of your screen on the takecasper.com website.
The CASPer test is comprised of 12 sections of video and written scenarios. Following each scenario, you will be required to answer a set of probing questions under a time contract. The test typically takes between 75-90 minutes to complete. Each response is graded by a different rater, giving a very robust and reliable view of personal and professional characteristics important to our program. No studying is required for CASPer, although you may want to familiarize yourself with the test structure at takeCASPer.com, and ensure you have a quiet environment to take the test.
CASPer test results are valid for one admissions cycle. Applicants who have already taken the test in previous years will need to re-take it.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please don’t hesitate to call the Program Office at 303-724-1764 or email us at AAProgram@cuanschutz.edu.