The Chair's Diversity Scholarship – MSA Program
The Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine (CUSOM) is proud to announce our Chair’s Diversity Scholarship program, designed to help defray tuition costs, and the next round of scholarships for the 2024 calendar year.
We will be offering up to (4) $10,000 scholarships for first year students and (2) scholarships for senior students.
- Up to (4) $10,000 scholarships for students who have successfully completed their first semester
- 1 scholarship that will cover tuition for the last 3 semesters (up to $42,705) for students who have successfully completed the first 3 semesters of the of the MSA Program
- 1 scholarship that will cover tuition for the last 2 semesters (up to $28,470) for students who have successfully completed the first 3 semesters of the of the MSA Program
Any student in good academic standing and currently enrolled in the MSA Program can apply. Applicants meeting one or more of the following areas are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Advocacy and/or leadership in diversity, equity, and inclusion activities
- First generation college graduate
- Upbringing in a low socioeconomic environment
- Experience in overcoming hardship
- Rural or Frontier community member
A departmental committee reviews each completed application and makes awards based upon:
- Personal statement / essay
- Scholarly achievements
- Community / volunteer service
- Leadership positions
Submit a current CV and a 1 page essay explaining what your background and/or experiences will bring to the Anesthesiologist Assistant profession and the field of Anesthesia.