We investigate and research novel genetic mutations in patients with severe immune problems. We perform experiments that determine how the mutations affect individual genes.
- Determine which genetic mutations cause human immune disease.
- Understand how genetic mutations identified in humans cause immune system problems.
- Utilize human immune-disease causing genetic mutations to understand new features of how the immune system works.
- Determine optimal, personalized ways of treating human immune diseases.
- Developing optimal treatment strategies for rare genetic diseases can dramatically decrease morbidity and increase life expectancy for patients that suffer from them.
- Understanding new features of immune system function carries potential for developing new treatments for a variety of diseases that involve the immune system.
- Understanding the impact of individual genetic variations improves prognosis and treatment decisions for individuals.
CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Research 1 North
12800 E 19th Ave
Aurora, CO 80045