The Department of Pediatrics Section of Pulmonary & Sleep Medicine provides clinical services at Children's Hospital Colorado, National Jewish Health, and at outreach clinics in Colorado, Nebraska and Montana.
As a national referral center, we are dedicated to providing professional education at
all levels and are committed to advancing knowledge through our comprehensive research programs.
Section faculty currently direct six multidisciplinary efforts at Children’s Hospital Colorado:
- Aerodigestive Program, for diagnosing and treating complex airway, breathing, and digestive tract disorders.
- Asthma Program, addressing concerns in both home and school settings, with a focus on technological and environmental innovations.
- Cystic Fibrosis (CF), through the Mike McMorris Cystic Fibrosis Research and Care Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado, one of the premiere CF clinical care and research centers in the United States.
- Children’s Interstitial Lung Disease (chILD) Program, a leading international referral center for children with these rare lung disorders.
- Sleep Program, for the diagnosis and treatment of infants, children, and adolescents with sleep issues—problems experienced by 20% of the pediatric population.
- Ventilator Care Program, a standardized approach to discharging patients on ventilators that has resulted in significantly lower lengths-of-stay, costs, and survival outcomes.