Clinical Interest for Patients
Through the research he leads at the Center for Gait and Movement Analysis and the Musculoskeletal Research Center at Children's Hospital Colorado, Dr. Carollo works to develop and disseminate innovative research that improves quality of life for individuals with neurological and skeletal disorders.
Research interests for Patients:
Dr. Carollo is interested in improved gait analysis methods, mathematical modeling of locomotion, measurement of dynamic center of gravity displacement, and characterization of neuromuscular stiffness. He furthers this research through the Center for Gait and Movement Analysis (CGMA), the first and only clinical movement analysis laboratory in Colorado and the only program at Children's Hospital to evaluate both children and adults. The CGMA's mission is to comprehensively analyze movement disorders associated with neuromuscular and orthopedic conditions using advanced measurement tools and a unique multidisciplinary approach. The goal is to identify critical gait abnormalities and recommend comprehensive treatment to restore functional ambulation in any individual with less than optimal walking performance.
Dr. Carollo is involved in the National Sports Center for the Disabled Program at Winter Park, serving as a volunteer ski instructor and double black diamond volunteer.
Areas of Expertise
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Research, Other
Education, Licensure & Certifications
Education & Training
- PhD, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (TX) (1998)
- MS, Texas A&M University (TX) (1982)
- BS, Texas A&M University (TX) (1979)
Recognition & Awards
- Certification of Honor, Zhangjiang International Forum on Traditional Chinese Medicine Shanghai University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, (2014)
- IEEE Senior Member, Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers, (2007)
- Research Scholar Award, Children's Hospital Colorado Research Institute, (2001)
- American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Member
- American Society of Biomechanics, Member
- Gait and Clinical Movement Analysis Society, Member
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society, Member
- Orthopedic Research Society, Member