Welcome to JFK Partners
About Our Program
JFK Partners has been a program of the Department of Pediatrics of the University of Colorado School of Medicine since 1965. As a program of the Section of Developmental Pediatrics, JFK Partners is designated as Colorado's University Center of Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) and Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) Program.
The mission of JFK Partners is to lead the way in evidence-based interdisciplinary clinical care, education, research, and community partnerships to enrich the lives of children, youth, and adults with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and special health care needs.
Our vision is to promote the individuality, inclusion, active community engagement, and health and well-being of all people of diverse backgrounds with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and their families.
The purpose of JFK Partners is to provide:
- Interdisciplinary Pre-service Training that is family and person-centered, culturally competent, and community-based that addresses the critical values, knowledge, and skills necessary to build inclusive communities for people with developmental disabilities and their families.
- Continuing Education focused on evidence-based practice and research for a range of levels from awareness to expert content, and to interdisciplinary and discipline-based audiences which include family members and self-advocates;
- Clinical Services including diagnosis, treatment, and consultative services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families;
- Community Collaboration through consultation and technical assistance to and in conjunction with a range of community partners to include state and local agencies, providers, advocacy groups, and ad hoc issue-oriented collaborative groups;
- Research in the areas of descriptive, epidemiological, clinical and health services research which contribute to the knowledge base regarding the health, and well-being and education of individuals with developmental disabilities and their families; and
- Dissemination of high-quality products written by JFK Partners faculty, trainees, and fellows through a variety of methods, including electronic, and in adapted formats as appropriate.