Join the program!
A position for one new resident is available starting July 1, 2021 at the University of Colorado Department of Radiation Oncology. Applications are accepted solely through the Medical Physics Residency Application Program (MP-RAP) until the deadline. We participate in the MedPhys Match. Applications requiring visas will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Every application is thoroughly reviewed by the Program Director and at least 3 other members of the Medical Physics Residency Education Committee. Invitations for screening interviews are sent to selected individuals 1-3 weeks after the application deadline. After screening interviews are conducted, invitations for virtual interviews are sent to selected individuals.
The virtual interview is a great time for our department to get to know the candidate, and for the candidate to get to know our department. Candidates will meet with physics faculty, physician faculty, current residents, and the dosimetry team.
On the last day of the interviews, all interviewers meet to collectively generate the final rank order list, which will be submitted to the MedPhys Match Program. We are committed to the Match and will fill our residency position through this program.
- Undergraduate degree in physics or at least 3 upper-division physics courses
- M.S. or Ph.D. in medical physics or related field
- Applicants must have either:
- Graduated, or expect to graduate, from a CAMPEP-accredited graduate program
- Possess a Ph.D. in physics or related discipline and have a completed, or expect to complete, a CAMPEP-accredited certificate program.
- Individuals with other qualifications who have completed coursework that satisfies the CAMPEP standards for graduate education may be considered in exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the program director.
- The resident must be able to start on the official start date
- All requirements needed to start our program must be completed prior to the start date (including minimum required degrees, coursework, visa needs, and university new hire policies)
- Completion of application through the MP-RAP
- Participation in the MedPhys Match
December 3, 2020 - Application Deadline
January 7 and 8, 2021 - Virtual Screening Interviews
February 5 and 9, 2021 - Virtual Interviews
for our interview dates alongside the dates for other programs in the region.