Stefano Perni, PhD
Postdoctoral Fellow in Kurt Beam's lab
Skeletal muscle physiology and excitation-contraction coupling
- Bachelor's degree in Biomolecular Sciences at Università degli Studi di Perugia. Perugia, Italy (2006)
- Ph.D in Cell and Environmental Biology at Università degli Studi di Perugia. Perugia, Italy (2011)
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Dept. of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA. 2011-2013 (C. Franzini-Armstrong’s Lab)
- Postdoctoral fellowship at Dept of Physiology & Biophysics, University of Colorado AMC, Aurora, CO, USA. 2013-present (Kurt G Beam’s Lab).
- Perni S, Iyer VR, Franzini-Armstrong C. 2012. Ultrastructure of cardiac muscle in reptiles and birds: optimizing and/or reducing the probability of transmission between calcium release units. Journal of muscle research and cell motility
- Lucci P, Pacetti D, Calzuola I, Marsili V, Perni S, Giavarini F, Frega NG, Gianfranceschi GL. 2013. Characterization of phospholipid molecular species and peptide molecules in wheat sprout hydroalcoholic extract. Journal of agricultural
and food chemistry 61:11453-11459.
- Perni S, Close M, Franzini-Armstrong C. 2013. Novel details of calsequestrin gel conformation in situ. The Journal of biological chemistry 288:31358-31362.
- Pietrangelo T, Perni S, Di Tano G, Fano-Illic G, Franzini-Armstrong C. 2013. A method for the ultrastructural preservation of tiny percutaneous needle biopsy material from skeletal muscle. International journal of molecular medicine
- Caprara GA, Perni S, Morabito C, Mariggio MA, Guarnieri S. 2014. Specific association of growth-associated protein 43 with calcium release units in skeletal muscles of lower vertebrates. European journal of histochemistry : EJH 58:2453.
- Close M, Perni S, Franzini-Armstrong C, Cundall D. 2014. Highly extensible skeletal muscle in snakes. The Journal of experimental biology 217:2445-2448.
- Lavorato M, Huang TQ, Iyer VR, Perni S, Meissner G, Franzini-Armstrong C. 2015. Dyad content is reduced in cardiac myocytes of mice with impaired calmodulin regulation of RyR2. Journal of muscle research and cell motility. Apr;36(2):205-14.
- Polster A, Perni S, Bichraoui H, Beam KG. 2015. Stac adaptor proteins regulate trafficking and function of muscle and neuronal L-type Ca2+ channels. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 112:602-606.
- Perni S, Marsden KC, Escobar M, Hollingworth S, Baylor SM, Franzini-Armstrong C. 2015. Structural and functional properties of ryanodine receptor type 3 in zebrafish tail muscle. The Journal of general physiology. 145 (3): 173
- High Levels Of Calsequestrin In Muscles of Reptiles. Why? At: Excitation-contraction coupling Gordon Research Conference, Les Diablerets, Switzerland. Jun 2012.
- The Cytoplasmic Domain of the RyR1 Foot is Sufficient for DHPR (Cav1.1) Organization into Tetrads. At: Biophysical Society Meeting, Philadelphia (PA), Feb 2013.
- Visualization of STIM1 and Orai1 by Electron Microscopy. At: Biophysical Society Meeting, Philadelphia (PA), Feb 2013.
- Silencing RyR3 eliminates parajunctional feet and Ca2+ sparks in zebrafish tail myotomes. At: Biophysical Society Meeting, San Francisco (CA), Feb 2014.