Transition Webinar Series
Transitioning from Pediatric to Adult Healthcare for People with Intellectual and/or Developmental Disabilities (I/DD)
Wed., Apr 28, 2021
10:00-11:30 AM MT
We will discuss the meaning and process of transition to adult healthcare, as well as health disparities, and hope for the future.
- Define transition, and define transfer; understand the differences of each process.
- Discuss healthcare disparities patients with I/DD experience as they age.
- Review research about healthcare for adults with IDD.
- Outline the process of an ideal healthcare transition. (Wait a minute, there is no ideal! It should all be tailored to each patient and family’s unique situation and timeline.)
- Understand the perspective of a patient/family who has undergone transition from pediatric to adult healthcare.
The intended audience for this webinar includes: families, caregivers, care coordinators, service coordinators and community care providers
Speaker: Jessica Solomon Sanders, MD, Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Questions may be directed to Christine.Cook@cuanschutz.edu.