Scholarship is integral to robust medical education. As part of their training, residents participate in a variety of academic exercises to help lay the foundation for their future as a peer and patient educators. All residents must complete a scholarly work during the second and third year of training. This may be a research abstract, an oral presentation given at a local or national meeting, a published or submitted manuscript, or a clinical vignette about an interesting case. Our residents achieve significant success in these activities, including awards at local, state and national meetings. Residents who are invited to present at the ACP meeting are supported by the Department of Medicine. Since 2019 residents have presented research at numerous state and national conferences, including:
- Colorado & National American College of Physicians Meeting
- American Thoracic Society International Conference
- American Heart Association
- American College of Rheumatology Annual Meeting
- Society of Hospital Medicine Annual Conference
- American College of Gastroenterology Annual Meeting
- Diagnostic Error in Medicine Annual International Conference
Many residents publish their research and other material in journals. Publications in the past year include:
- Justin A. Edward, Matthew M. Zipse, Christine Tompkins, Paul D. Varosy, Amneet Sandhu, Michael Rosenberg, Ryan Aleong, Wendy S. Tzou, Ryan T. Borne, William H. Sauer, Duy T. Nguyen. Volume 5, Issue 10, October 2019 DOI: 10.1016/j.jacep.2019.07.004
- Feuerstein JD, Rakowsky S, Sattler L, Yadav A, Foromera J, Grossberg LB, Cheifetz AS. Detection rates of dysplasia in patients with inflammatory bowel disease using dye-based chromoendoscopy compared with standard- and high-definition white-light colonoscopy: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gastrointestinal endoscopy. 2019; 0 (0) : 0.
- Shible A, Ramadurai D, Gergen D. Dry Beriberi Due to Thiamine Deficiency Associated with Peripheral Neuropathy and Wernicke's Encephalopathy Mimicking Guillain-Barre Syndrome: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. American Journal of Case Reports. 2019; TBD : TBD.
- Forsberg PA, Rossi AC, Boyer A, Tegnestam L, Pearse RN, Perry A, Pekle KA, Jayabalan D, Ely S, Boussi L, Sherbenou DW, Williams C, Allan JN, Coleman M, Niesvizky R, Mark TM. Phase II study of carfilzomib and dexamethasone therapy for newly diagnosed multiple myeloma. American Journal of Hematology. Published02/25/2019.
- Adamek KE, Ramadurai D, Gunzburger E, Plomondon ME, Ho PM, Raghavan S. Association of Diabetes Mellitus Status and Glycemic Control With Secondary Prevention Medication Adherence After Acute Myocardial Infarction. Journal of the American Heart Association. 201905; 8 (3) : e011448.
- Lane T, Ramadurai D, Simonetti J. Public Awareness and Perceptions of Palliative and Comfort Care. The American journal of medicine. 2019; 132 (2) : 129-131.