Our Visiting Professor program gives us the opportunity to hear from outside healthcare experts. We love learning from different perspectives and institutions as it allows us to expand our scope.
The DHM Visiting Professor Program is an exchange program that gives CU faculty opportunities to lecture at outside institutions and brings faculty from outside institutions to the University of Colorado. Contact Information: email@example.com
Visiting Professor Series: Past & Upcoming
- Jan 24, 2022 - Dr. Gopi Astik from Northwestern Medicine. Topic: Diagnostic Errors.
- February 23, 2022 - Dr. Stephanie Mueller from UCSF. Topic: Improving the Quality and Safety of Inter-Hospital Transfers
- May 20, 2022 - Dr. Amol Verma from the University of Toronto. Topic: Using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence to Improve General Medicine Hospital Care
- October 5, 2022 - Dr. Naseema Merchant and Christopher Sankey from Yale. Topic: Inpatient attending Reboot- Shared mental model & discussion of practices to maximize effectiveness
- January 23, 2023 - Dr. Gopi Astik from Northwestern. Topic: Diagnostic Errors in Medicine
- May 8, 2023 - Dr. Blaire Golden from University of Wisconsin, topic: Incarceration and Healthcare. Dr. Farah Kaiksow from University of Wisconsin, topic: Navigating Early Career as a Hospitalist.
- May 18, 2023 - Dr. Stephanie Rogers from UCSF. Topic: Age Friendly Healthcare Systems.
- August 17, 2023 - Dr. Virginia (Ginny) Sheffield from University of Michigan. Topic: Bias in Educational Evaluations
- August 24, 2023 - Dr. Lana Wahid from Duke. Topic: Treatment of Thromboinflammation in COVID-19: Review of past research and where to go from here.
CU Faculty Participating in Visiting Professor Talks at Outside Institutions
- Brian Wolfe, MD at University of Toronto. Topic: APP Program Development.
- Scott Saunders, MD at Northwestern University. Topic: Care of the LGBTQ+ Patient in the Hospital.
- Moksha Patel, MD at Northwestern University. Topic: Overcoming burnout.