CURRENT and UPCOMING EVENTS (all times listed are for the Mountain time zone)
|every Wednesday at noon||via Zoom - click here to view||Neurology Grand Rounds: weekly lectures on topics of scholarly and clinical interest in neurology||Click here for the full schedule|
2nd Tuesday of every month at 4pm
|via zoom - click here to connect||Supportive and Neuro-Palliative Care Community Series|
July 13: Benzi Kluger, MD (University of Rochester) presented Neuropalliative Care: The Best Kept Secret in Neurology What It Is and Why You Want It
August 10: Julie Berk, PA-C (University of Colorado Neurology Neuro-Palliative Care) presented Finding Your Way When You Find Yourself With a Neurological Condition
September 14: Ryan Khan, MDiv (University of Colorado Neurology Neuro-Palliative Care) presented Cultivating Meaning in Life: Spiritual Themes to Improve Coping. Click here to see the presentation.
October 12: Lindsay MacLachlan, LCSW and Cari Friedman, LCSW (University of Colorado Neurology Neuro-Palliative Care)
November 9: Jenine Camins (UQMindfulness) Click here to see the presentation.
December 14: Dr. Beth Nolan (Positive Approach to Care)
February 8: William C. Beyers III, Attorney-at-Law
March 8: Hope Bruner (Halcyon at Colorado VNA)
May 10: Jill Lorentz (Summit Resilience)
|3rd Tuesday of every month at 2pm||via Zoom||Support Group for Caregivers, led by Cari Friedman, LCSW||Open Zoom, enter 96935032229 and use password 916562|
|Wednesdays at 7pm||via Zoom||Support Group for People Living With and Affected by Parkinson Disease, led by Cari Friedman, LCSW||Open Zoom, enter 94654962000 and use password 839074|
|Mondays at 7pm||via Zoom||Support Group for Caregivers, led by Malenna Sumrall, PhD, Care Partner Advocate||Please email Malenna.Sumrall@CUAnschutz.edu for information.|
- Dr. Michael Okun blogged about COVID and palliative care on March 30, 2021, referring to an article co-authored by Dr. Christina Vaughan and Dr. Indu Subramanian. Click here to read the blog.
- Drs. Vaughan and Kern were featured in a January 3, 2021 article in UCHealth Today on the successes of Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery for one Parkinson's patient. Click here to read the full article.
- Dr. Kluger wrote on "Fatigue in Parkinson's Disease" for the Movement Disorders Society Blog in December, 2017. Click here to see his post.
- Dr. Kluger wrote on "Palliative Care Is About Living as Well as Possible for as Long as Possible" for the World Parkinson Coalition Blog on January 17, 2018. Click here to see his post.
- Dr. Vaughan spoke on Supportive Care in Huntington's Disease at the 2021 Annual Rocky Mountain HD Education Day on November 13, 2021. Click here to see her presentation as well as other offerings from this conference.
- Dr. Vaughan spoke on Pain and Parkinson's Disease at the Medical University of South Carolina's Movement Disorders Program Parkinson’s Disease Lunch and Learn on October 7, 2021. Click here to view the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan spoke to The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration on September 17, 2021 about The Role of Neuropalliative Care in FTD. Click here to view the presentation.
- Our Chaplain Ryan Khan, MDiv, presented Cultivating Meaning in Life: Spiritual Themes to Improve Coping at our monthly Supportive and Neuro-Palliative Care Community Series on September 14, 2021. Click here to see the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan presented "Neuropalliative Care and the Covid-19 Crisis" for the Department of Neurology Grand Rounds on April 22, 2020. Click here to see the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Dr Heather Baer and Dr. Heather Ott presented "Parkinson Disease: The Quintessential Rehabilitation Diagnosis" for PM&R Grand Rounds on November 6, 2019. Click here to see the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Dr. Drew Kern, presented "Advanced Therapies & Palliative Care" as part of the Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance's Lunch with the Docs series on July 29, 2020. Click here to view the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan facilitated a webinar entitled "Living Well With Ataxia: A Palliative Care Approach" for the National Ataxia Foundation on March 6, 2020. Click here to view this webinar.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Dr. Jane Ott and Dr. Heather Baer, presented "Parkinson disease: the quintessential multidisciplinary rehabilitation diagnosis" at the AAPM&R Annual Assembly in San Antonio on November 15, 2019. AAPMR photo.jpg
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Cari Friedman LCSW, Julie Berk PA-C, and Malenna Sumrall PhD, presented at the e3 Conference held on September 7, 2019. e3 conference.JPG.
- Dr. Vaughan presented “The ART of Self Care” at the Huntington’s Disease Conference on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Click here to view her presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan was interviewed on May 6, 2019 by touchNEUROLOGY on palliative care needs in the management of neurodegenerative diseases, including her research project studying specific needs in early onset dementia. Click here to watch the video.
- Dr. Vaughan facilitated a webinar on Progressive MS and Palliative Care on January 29, 2019. Click here to view this webinar.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with UCD neurology movement disorders colleagues Dr. Berman, Dr. Kern, and Dr. Baer led a panel discussion at the Parkinson's Association of the Rockies support group in Boulder on understanding and treating
Parkinson's disease on October 23, 2018. Click here to view the discussion.
- Dr. Kluger presented "Marijuana &PD: What Do We Really Know?" for the Parkinson Foundation's Expert Briefings on April 17, 2018. Click here to view the webinar and/or download slides.
If you have information on an event to share, please contact us at Neuro-Palliative@ucdenver.edu
or 303-724-2194. We try to stay up to date, but sometimes things change, so if you
find any information on this list that seems incorrect or out of date, please let us know!