CURRENT and UPCOMING EVENTS
- Drs. Vaughan and Kern were featured in a January 3, 2021 article in UCHealth Today on the successes of Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery for one Parkinson's patient. Click here to read the full article.
- Dr. Kluger wrote on "Fatigue in Parkinson's Disease" for the Movement Disorders Society Blog in December, 2017. Click here to see his post.
- Dr. Kluger wrote on "Palliative Care Is About Living as Well as Possible for as Long as Possible" for the World Parkinson Coalition Blog on January 17, 2018. Click here to see his post.
- Dr. Vaughan presented "Neuropalliative Care and the Covid-19 Crisis" for the Department of Neurology Grand Rounds on April 22, 2020. Click here to see the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Dr Heather Baer and Dr. Heather Ott presented "Parkinson Disease: The Quintessential Rehabilitation Diagnosis" for PM&R Grand Rounds on November 6, 2019. Click here to see the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Dr. Drew Kern, presented "Advanced Therapies & Palliative Care" as part of the Parkinson & Movement Disorder Alliance's Lunch with the Docs series on July 29, 2020. Click here to view the presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan facilitated a webinar entitled "Living Well With Ataxia: A Palliative Care Approach" for the National Ataxia Foundation on March 6, 2020. Click here to view this webinar.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Dr. Jane Ott and Dr. Heather Baer, presented "Parkinson disease: the quintessential multidisciplinary rehabilitation diagnosis" at the AAPM&R Annual Assembly in San Antonio on November 15, 2019. AAPMR photo.jpg
- Dr. Vaughan, along with Cari Friedman LCSW, Julie Berk PA-C, and Malenna Sumrall PhD, presented at the e3 Conference held on September 7, 2019. e3 conference.JPG.
- Dr. Vaughan presented “The ART of Self Care” at the Huntington’s Disease Conference on Saturday, May 4, 2019 at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus. Click here to view her presentation.
- Dr. Vaughan was interviewed on May 6, 2019 by touchNEUROLOGY on palliative care needs in the management of neurodegenerative diseases, including her research project studying specific needs in early onset dementia. Click here to watch the video.
- Dr. Vaughan facilitated a webinar on Progressive MS and Palliative Care on January 29, 2019. Click here to view this webinar.
- Dr. Vaughan, along with UCD neurology movement disorders colleagues Dr. Berman, Dr. Kern, and Dr. Baer led a panel discussion at the Parkinson's Association of the Rockies support group in Boulder on understanding and treating Parkinson's disease on October 23, 2018. Click here to view the discussion.
- Dr. Kluger presented "Marijuana &PD: What Do We Really Know?" for the Parkinson Foundation's Expert Briefings on April 17, 2018. Click here to view the webinar and/or download slides.
If you have information on an event to share, please contact us at Neuro-Palliative@ucdenver.edu
or 303-724-2194. We try to stay up to date, but sometimes things change, so if you find any information on this list that seems incorrect or out of date, please let us know!