Our surgeons are all vascular fellowship trained and have broad clinical experience in caring for patients with a broad range and complexity of arterial and venous diseases including carotid artery disease, aneurysmal disease, and limb preservation, ensuring
you have access to the best care in the region.
As part of a multidisciplinary team of vascular specialists, we are able to provide the optimal medical, surgical, endovascular, or radiologic therapy to best care for you. Rooted in a rich tradition of both academic and clinical excellence, our vascular
surgeons treat a full range of non-cardiac vascular disorders, conditions that involve the arteries and veins outside of the heart.
Treatments involve proven state-of-the-art therapies, leading-edge minimally invasive intervention and, when appropriate, exciting new clinical trials to treat such conditions as peripheral arterial disease, carotid artery disease, varicose veins, blood
clots and much more.
The skill and experience of our vascular surgeons at the University of Colorado Hospital will make all the difference to your treatment.
- The Anschutz Advanced Aortic Program (AAA) is one of our preeminent
clinical programs. We offer aortic repair unavailable elsewhere in the Rocky Mountain West.
- We evaluate and treat Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
- We offer dialysis access options unavailable elsewhere in the region.
- For limb salvage, we offer both open and endovascular or minimally invasive techniques.
- State-of-the-art comprehensive vascular diagnostics are provided in the Cardiac and Vascular Center at UCH.
Types of surgery we perform
- Endovascular and open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Endovascular repair of thoracic aortic aneurysms, thoracic aortic dissections and thoracoabdominal aneurysms. We also perform open and hybrid aortic procedures for these conditions.
- Open surgical reconstructions and balloon angioplasty and stenting in all vascular areas
- Endovascular intervention, such as angioplasty and stenting
- Bypass surgery and endovascular therapy for peripheral artery disease and gangrene of the limbs
- Carotid endarterectomy and carotid artery stenting
- Treatment for Carotid Body Tumors and other vascular tumors
- Endovascular intervention and open bypass surgery for mesenteric and renal arteries
- Endovenous laser therapy and open surgical intervention for varicose veins and venous ulcers
- Endovascular and open surgical reconstruction for deep vein occlusions
- Hemodialysis access including options for patients with complex surgical history and fewer options for non-catheter based access
- Treatment of thoracic outlet syndrome
For appointments and information, call: