The Neurotechnology Center machine shop is located in room NG003 on the ground floor of Building 500 (northwest corner) at the Anschutz Medical Campus (View Map). The shop's equipment and staff are there to meet the custom design and machining needs of the faculty, staff and students of the UC Denver-Anschutz Medical Campus.
The shop machinery includes:
- 2 manual milling machines (one with digital readout)
- 1 full 3-axis automation CNC milling machine
- 4 Lathes (two high-precision)
- 3 wood/metal-cutting band saws
- 1 table saw
- 1 precision surface grinder
-1 drill press
- 1 12" disk sander, 1" belt sander
- shearing, bending, pressing equipment
- extensive tooling & precision measuring devices
The shop routinely stocks a modest amount of material (acrylic, aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel, hardware). The shop labor rate is $68/hour for members of the Neurotechnology Center and $92/hr for all services including consultation, design and production. Charges are based upon project time and material costs. Payment for services is made with a current university speedtype or can be billed to outside sources. The shop is staffed by one machinist 24 hours/week although there are currently no routine hours of operation. Contact Michael Hall at Michael.Hall@CUAnschutz.edu to discuss a project, to arrange a meeting or with questions.