Important Neuromuscular Pathology Lab update!On the day you plan to send a biopsy, please notify Jacob Bockhorst, 303-724-2188, in the Neuromuscular Pathology Office. We are available to receive specimens between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday. After hours specimen can be delivered to the Gross Room drop off.
Providers have a couple of options for sending biopsy. For the best result, we prefer same day delivery. If this is not possible, please keep biopsy in the refrigerator overnight & courier to us the next morning. Another option is to send the biopsy via FedEx overnight to be arrive the following morning.
Providers have a couple of options for sending biopsy. For the best result, we prefer same day delivery. If not possible, please
keep the biopsy in the refrigerator overnight & courier the next
morning. Another option is to send the biopsy via FedEx overnight to
arrive the next morning.
|Courier Service Delivery Address:
|FedEx Delivery Address:
|University of Colorado Hospital – AIP
Surgical Pathology - Gross Room Drop-off
12605 E. 16th Ave.
3rd Floor, Window 3.124
Aurora, CO 80045
|University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Attn: CU Neuromuscular Pathology Lab
12700 East 19th Ave.
Aurora, CO 80045
1. PLEASE CALL AHEAD AND CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR AVAILABILITY DURING THE HOLIDAYS. Our lab operates on the University of Colorado Anschutz holiday schedule. Please notify the Neuromuscular Pathology Office ON THE DAY you plan to send a biopsy and let us know when to expect the specimen. We are available to receive specimens between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM Monday thru Friday. Please notify one of the following lab members:
a. Jacob Bockhorst, Neuromuscular Administrative Assistant:
i. Phone: 303-724-2188
b. Wanida Stevens, Professional Research Assistant and Histology Technician:
i. Phone: 303-724-4342
2. Deliver the specimen as soon as possible to addresses above:
3. Please fill out the Neuromuscular Pathology Lab Specimen Form, including a clinical question and clinical summary, information about history and exam, and electrophysiological and laboratory evaluations, to help us more fully evaluate the patient's tissue.
4. Indicate who should receive the final report (referring physician, hospital, pathologist) along with a mailing address and telephone number. The full battery of tests takes 1 week to complete.
5. University Hospital's policy is to bill the sending hospital. We will not bill patient's insurance.
If you are delivering a biopsy after 4:30pm OR on a day when our office is closed, please deliver to UCHealth Pathology in the Anschutz Inpatient Pavilion. Take elevator D to the 3rd floor, turn right out of the elevators, and continue down the hallway to window 3.124 "Gross Room drop-off." UCHealth Pathology will contact our office for pick up. Otherwise, wrap the specimen in moist saline gauze, place in a refrigerator, and send by STAT courrier on the next day of business.