University of Colorado Interdisciplinary Joint Biology Program
The goal of the University of Colorado Interdisciplinary Joint Biology Program (CUIJBP) is to foster innovative collaborative research amongst multiple disciplines to advance our understanding of the etiology of inflammatory and degenerative joint diseases.
We are pleased to announce support for four 1-year grants, $50,000 each, (direct cost only, no in-direct costs are permitted) to support investigators who are pursuing joint biology related research with the goal of applying for NIH K/R type funding or other extramural support.
- Faculty members at all ranks from the University of Colorado (all campuses) are eligible to apply as PI.
- Applications from early-career investigators are encouraged.
- Co-investigators from other institutions are also encouraged to apply, as long as a CUIJBP co-investigator is engaged in the research.
Review and Decision Process
- Applications due by April 1, 2021, 5:00 p.m. MST
- The submitted grant application will undergo external peer review. Each grant will be reviewed by at least 2 reviewers. The score will be based on the NIH scale. The scores will be communicated to the PIs by June 1, 2021.
- Applicants will be notified by mid-June, 2021 of award decisions. Awardees will be expected to have relevant IRB and/or IACUC applications submitted by no later than one week following award notice.
- Grants begin July 1, 2021.
For questions, please contact Dr. Larry Moreland, Director of the Interdisciplinary Joint Biology Program, at email@example.com