August 1, 2011 August 8, 2011 "Initial Management of the Injured Patient - Initial Survey"
"Risk Management For Residents and Faculty"
Julie Altmix, Senior Risk Manager; Professional Risk Management
Resident Debate - Management of Common Bile Duct Stones 2011
Endoscopic Radiologic - Shannon Acker, MD vs Surgical - Jeniann Yi, MD
& "Secondary Survey"
Clay Cothren Burlew, MD, FACS Associate Professor; Director, SICU; Program Director, Trauma & Acute Care Surgery Fellowship Denver Health Medical
Tribute to Dr. Ben EisemanAugust 15, 2011
"Shock, Hemodynamics and Monitoring"
Breandan Sullivan, MD - Assistant Professor, AnesthesiologyResident Debate - Optimal Drugs for Stress Ulcer Prophylaxis: PPIs vs All OthersPPIs
- Megan Anderson,
MD vs All Others
Lauren Wilson, MDAugust 22, 2011
"Non-Invasive Ventilation"Jason Brainard, MD - Assistant Professor, Anesthesiology
Resident Debate - Optimal Nutritional
Support for the Surgical PatientStandard Enteral Diet
- Daine Bennett, MD vs Specific Amino Acid Enhanced Diet
- Camille Stewart, MDAugust 29, 2011"Surviving Sepsis"
Robert McIntyre, Jr., MD - Professor, GI, Tumor & Endocrine Surgery/Medical Director, SICU
Pharmacy & Pre-Procedure Services Presentation:
Managing Anticoagulation Perioperatively and PradaxaSeptember 12, 2011"Airway Management"
Jim Haenel, RRT - Clinical Care Specialist, Department of Surgery - Denver Health Medical Center"Principles of Mechanical Ventilation"
Jeff Johnson, MD - Associate Professor/Associate Director, Department of Surgery - Denver Health Medical CenterSeptember 19, 2011"Multimodality Management of Localized Pancreatic Cancer"
Douglas B. Evans, MD - Professor and Chairman, Department of Surgery - Medical College of WisconsinResident Debate - Cystic Neoplasms of the PancreasRespect
- Karen Lo, MD vs
- Theresa Chin, MDSeptember 26, 2011 - 7th Annual Alan R. Hopeman Lectureship
"Norman E. Shumway, MD PhD - Visionary, Innovator, Teach & Humorist"
William A. Baumgartner, MD - Professor Cardiac Surgery
- Johns Hopkins Heart and Vascular InstituteResident Debate - Transfusion Avoidance Improves Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery
Pro - Sagar Damle, MD vs Con - Ashok Babu, MDOctober 3, 2011"Prevention of Surgical Site Infection"
Walter Biffl, MD FACS - Assistant Director, Patient Quality & Safety - Denver Health Medical CenterResident Debate - Bowel Preparation for Colon/Rectal OperationsValuable
- Chris Ramos, MD vs Overrated
- Kyle Rove, MDOctober 10, 2011"Life Threatening Infections, Antibiotic Resistance and Antibiotic Selection"
Fredric Pieracci, MD MPH - Assistant Professor Surgery, Trauma & Acute Care - Denver
Health Medical Center
Resident Debate - Prophylactic Antibiotics in Severe Acute PancreatitisValuable
- Eduardo Gonzales, MD vs Overrated
- Robert Larke, MDOctober 17, 2011"Fundamentals of Breast Surgery"
Christina Finlayson, MD - Professor and Director, Dianne O'Connor Breast CenterResident Debate - Mammogram Screening in Women 40-50 Years OldValuable
- Lisa Foley, MD vs Dangerous
Stephen Sharp, MDOctober 31, 2011"Evolving Treatments for Pancreatic Cancers"
Wells Messersmith, MD - Associate Professor, Medical OncologyResident Debate - Radical Resection for Adenocarcinoma of the Pancreatic HeadValuable
- Joon Lee, MD vs Useless
- Arek Wiktor, MD
November 14, 2011
"Endovascular Aortic Repair: Aortic Aneurysm Repair and Beyond"
Omid Jazaeri, MD - Assistant Professor, Vascular and Endovascular TherapyResident Debate - Pre-Dialysis AVF Placement
for ESRD Patients
Valuable - Jon Eun, MD vs Overrated - Miral Sadaria, MDNovember 21, 2011"Getting the GIST of it: Why Molecules Matter to Surgeons"
Martin McCarter, MD - Associate Professor - GI, Tumor and Endocrine SurgeryResident Debate - Immunotherapy for Melanoma: Valuable vs. OverratedValuable
- Marshall Bell, MD vs Overrated
- Jessica Yu, MDDecember 12, 2011"Surgical Care of the Geriatric Patient - What Every Surgeon Should Know"
Tom Robinson, MD - Associate Professor and Director, Minimally Invasive Surgery CenterResident Debate - Pre-Operative Risk Stratification - Chronologic vs. PhysiologicChronologic
- Seth Tebockhorst, MD vs Physiologic
- Kirsten Wennermark, MDDecember 19, 2011Magical Moments in Vascular Surgery
James Chandler, MD - Clinical Professor, Vascular SurgeryJanuary 9, 2012
Bariatric Surgery Update
Jonathan Schoen, MD - Associate Professor, GI, Tumor and Endocrine SurgeryJanuary 23, 2012 - Henry Swan LectureshipChanges in Management of Injuries to Liver and Spleen
J. David Richardson, MD - Professor and Vice Chair
- University of Louisville SOMResident Debate - Surgical Care Improvement Program (SCIP)Valuable
- R. Taylor Ripley, MD vs Overrated
- James Wood, MDJanuary 30, 2012 - John H. and Cynthia H. Schultz LectureshipThe Bariatric Surgical Team: A 25 Year Perspective
Bruce Schirmer, MD - Stephen H. Watts Professor of Surgery,
University of VA Health SystemResident Debate - Gastric Bypass for Type II Diabetes in Non-Morbidly Obese PatientsPro
- James Cromie, MD vs Con
- Daniel Wu, MDFebruary 6, 2012New Developments in Wound Care
Michael J. Schurr, MD - Professor, Burn SurgeryResident Debate - The Pros and Cons of the Use of IntegraPros
- Matthew Fox,
MD vs Cons
Smith, MDFebruary 13, 2012Mesh - Materials, Mechanics and Manufacture
Paul Montero, MD - Assistant Professor, GI, Tumor and Endocrine SurgeryResident Debate - Inguinal Hernia:
Observations vs. RepairObserve
Henry Govekar, MD vs Repair
John James, MDFebruary 27, 2012 - H. James Fox LectureshipThe Underserved World Needs a Few Good General Surgeons
Donald E. Meier, MD - Professor and Chief of Pediatric Surgery - Texas Tech UniversityResident Debate - Surgical Care for the UnderservedSolve U.S. Problems First
- Greg Marshall, MD vs Global Focus
- Ann Kulungowski, MDMarch 5, 2012The Effect of Smoking on Surgical Outcomes
Csaba Gajdos, MD - Assistant Professor, GI, Tumor and Endocrine SurgeryResident Debate - Completion Node Dissection for Sentinel Node Positive MelanomaValuable
Rebecca Vogel, MD vs Overrated
Travis Walker, MDMarch 12, 2012
Pediatric Plastic Surgery: Scope of Practice, Cleft Surgery, and Flap Reconstruction
Frederic Deleyiannis, MD-Chief, Department of Pediatric Plastic Surgery-Children's Hospital
An Overview of Craniosynostosis and Craniofacial Surgery
Brooke French, MD - Assistant Professor, Plastic Surgery - Children's Hospital ColoradoMarch 19, 2012 - John R. Lilly Memorial Lectureship
Gut Syndrome: Surgical Options and Basic Opportunities
Brad W. Warner, MD PhD - Jessie L. Ternberg Distinguished Professor of Pediatric SurgeryResident Debate - A Neonate with NEC and 10cm of Bowel RemainingGo for the Save
- Samiksha Bansal, MD vs Do Nothing
- Cindy Tai, MDMarch 26, 2012 - Surgery/Anesthesia Joint Grand RoundsA Practical Approach to Perioperative Pain Management
Matthew Fiegel, MD - Associate Professor, AnesthesiaResident Debate
- Optimal Agents for Stress Ulcer ProphylaxisPPIs
Karen Lo, MD vs All Others
- Nicole Nadlonek, MDApril 2, 2012
Treatment Modalities in Colorectal Disease: An Update
Kevin Rothchild, MD - Assistant Professor, SurgeryResident Debate - Optimal Treatment for Severe Necrotizing Pancreatitis
Conventional - Jeff Harr, MD vs Minimally Invasive - Jessica Yu, MD