Invited Speakers (confirmed)
- Lisa A. Brenner, PhD, ABPP, University of Colorado Denver, “Inflammation and the Microbiome: Implications for TBI and co-occurring psychiatric conditions”
- Michael Koval, PhD, Emory University, “Broken barriers: the effects of alcohol on the lung epithelium”
- Mariann R. Piano, RN, PhD, FAAN, FAHA, Vanderbilt University, “Binge drinking and young adults: A dangerous combination”
- Liz P. Simon, PhD, LSU Health Sciences Center, “Alcohol-mediated metabolic dysregulation: epigenomic adaptations”
- Jeffrey B. Travers, MD, PhD, FAAD, Wright State University, “The Platelet-activating Factor system and microvesicle particles as effectors for intoxicated thermal burn injury pathology”
- H. Joe Wang, PhD, NIAAA “A conversation on alcohol-immune research and training”
Additional short talks will be selected from abstracts submitted to AIRIG.
AIRIG travel awards will be available for trainees, junior faculty and minority scientists.
Abstracts/travel award application must be received by Tuesday August 17, 2021. For more details, see: https://ssom.luc.edu/arp/
For more information:
Elizabeth J. Kovacs, PhD
Mashkoor A. Choudhry, PhD