At the University of Colorado, we focus on fellow wellbeing. We ensure our program features a comprehensive curriculum to improve wellbeing and to promote work-life balance.
Provide fellow mentorship and leadership training: Each fellow is paired with a faculty mentor/coach at the start of fellowship. This provides fellows an informal setting to discuss concerns about work, research or their personal lives.
- Every month, each fellow receives a one-half day for wellness. Fellows are excused from all fellowship duties during this time.
- We instituted night float to improve work-life balance. Fellows rotate on the night float service for approximately 6 weeks per year. Night float call is taken from home. Fellows have no daytime duties while they are on night float.
- We host social gatherings and events for the fellows including happy hour, sports events, etc.
- Food is provided at all of the conferences.
- We have dedicated conferences to discuss burnout and to reiterate resources for prevention and treating burn out.