The Department of Pediatrics Academic Affairs Office provides guidance for and oversees the processes of assigning academic rank for new hires, mid-point reviews for assistant professors, academic promotion, and awards of tenure.
Nancy Krebs, MD, MS, serves as Associate Vice Chair for Academic Affairs and Mark Abzug, MD, serves as Vice Chair for Academic Affairs. Rhonda Buckner is the administrative assistant for the Department of Pediatrics Academic Affairs Office.
- Faculty Handbook (2019 edition):
Information and services available for our faculty including details about the DOP promotion process.
- University of Colorado Faculty Handbook: Policies and Procedures, including governance, appointment, promotion and tenure, compensation, leave, and retirement.
- SOM Faculty Resource Guide for Dossier Preparation (2019 edition):
Directions and examples for preparing promotion dossiers.
- CV Format: CV format recommended by the School of Medicine.
- Promotion Criteria Matrix Criteria for excellent and meritorious accomplishments for promotion/appointment.
- Overview of Faculty Promotion Series:
Outline of the Regular Faculty series, Research Professor series, and Clinical Practice series and criteria for promotion within each series.
- School of Medicine Promotion and Tenure Page: Complete School of Medicine information about promotion/appointment
processes and rules, promotion/appointment criteria, awards of tenure, and dossier preparation.