Steven Abman, MD (co-chair)
Kathleen Adelgais, MD, MPH (co-chair)
Summer Coburn-Scheid, PA-C
Eva Nozik, MD
Julie Parsons, MD
Janette Prokop, DNP, CPNP-AC, FNP-BC
Michael Wittkamp, MD, FAAP
To assess the concerns and the needs of senior faculty in the Department of Pediatrics, and in response, develop a comprehensive series of presentations, group discussions and resources to best meet the diverse challenges and opportunities for senior faculty
To strengthen the role of senior faculty in the Department of Pediatrics as advisors and coaches and create a sounding board to support the needs and concerns of the mid-career and junior faculty and their working groups
1. Development of a needs assessment that includes questions for individuals identifying as senior faculty (including volunteers and emeritus faculty).
2. Development of a needs assessment that includes questions for individuals identifying as junior and mid-career faculty.
3. Hold a series of symposia with keynote speakers addressing issues related to senior faculty in academic medicine.
4. To develop a “regular series” of discussion groups with cohorts formed from faculty to work with facilitators to discuss issues in greater details.
5. To develop resources: sources of referral information for faculty looking to the future.