University of Colorado Neurology Residency Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- The Department of Neurology prioritizes fostering an inclusive environment for students, trainees, and faculty from diverse backgrounds and experiences
- We recognize that improving diversity not only enriches our experiences, it improves the quality of patient care
- We provide to care of an incredibly diverse patient population; nearly 1/3 of Denver’s population is of Hispanic or Latino Origin and 10% of population identifies as Black or African American
- The DAWN clinic– a student-run free health clinic for the underserved in the Aurora community
- FirstUP - The mission of First Up is to promote the wellbeing and achievement of first-generation students at CUSOM. We seek to foster a community of students with shared experiences and a passion for healthcare. This becomes the basis for mutual support and creates a sense of belonging within the School of Medicine
- Additionally, the many faculty in the Department of Neurology participate in Health Disparities Research and community outreach and engagement within their Divisions.